Frank Marino - Any Love ???

gregit

I am a huge FM fan as well. Back in the late 70's or early 80's (can't remember for some reason) we traveled to St. Louis to see FM as the opening act for UFO. UFO didn't show up to the gig so FM played for 3 hrs or more. And to top it off...his synth got lost(damaged?) so he was w/o that. He apologized to the crowd but I don't think one person cared.

Bottom line: my favorite concert of all time.

Wag

Silver Supporting Member
Man is it sweet seeing FM&MR getting some love! It's not often I run into a fan out here in rural Georgia...lol

Their tunes have been in the rotation here for a looooong time now. I saw "Poppy" get a mention a few msgs back and , yea.....its at the top of my list too.

g919.jpg

The Florida World Music Festival. An awesome event to be sure but I gotta tell ya.....Frank showed Nugent and Tyler how it's done!

Jimi1983

Gold Supporting Member
Man is it sweet seeing FM&MR getting some love! It's not often I run into a fan out here in rural Georgia...lol

Their tunes have been in the rotation here for a looooong time now. I saw "Poppy" get a mention a few msgs back and , yea.....its at the top of my list too.

g919.jpg

The Florida World Music Festival. An awesome event to be sure but I gotta tell ya.....Frank showed Nugent and Tyler how it's done!
I was there too!

Aceman893

I care less about him than Steve Morse. I at least actively don't care about Steve Morse when he is mentioned. I doin't even ever think about Frank Marino.

Not a bad player at all.

Go Cat Go!!

The live Blur-Ray is killer! Love everything Frank!

My buddy Dave was throwing out his old albums and he gave me Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush Live. It was a a wow moment for me. Been a fan ever since. When he opened up for Areosmith and Ted Nugent at Giant Stadium he blew them off the stage. Everybody was talking about Frank.

Love this one...

cffluntouch

Platinum Supporting Member
I can still remember the Cal Jam concerts on tv, and I played that original live album to death. Loved the King Bee/Back Door Man combo. So underrated!

Wag

Silver Supporting Member
I doin't even ever think about Frank Marino.

That's exactly what Frank said about you. How weird is that?
You really didn't need to take time out of your busy day to tell everyone you don't care about Steve Morse and even less about Frank Marino. That Ace Freely avatar says it all.

Anyway...thanks for volunteering for the ignore list!

dazco

One of the very best rock players of all time if not THE best. He pretty much nails my idea of rock guitar more then anyone i can think of at the moment. I don't see how anyone wouldn't agree of close seeing him live. I totally get his reasoning behind the SSS SG too. Makes total sense.

Michel347

Saw him often, even practicing at his place, living near where he was. Strange mix of Hendrix, Blackmore and others with one of nicest vibrato in his hand.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure about amps and pedals, but he played an SG with Strat pups. Saw them open for Nazareth, and they blew me away.
FWIW, he used humbuckers for most of his career. The Strat pickups were towards the end of his active years. Back in the day he used Acoustic amps with a homemade preamp. The modulation all over the live album is an Evantide flanger

Trending Topics

Top Bottom