• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Frank Marino - Guitar Solo 1979

Flogger59

There was a rather famous story going around the store where I worked in Montreal. Mahoganey Rush was going to play Place des Nations, and Frank ran in one day and asked for "the cheapest Strat copy you have", which he purchased and left with.
At the PDN show someone thought that it would be a good idea for frank to do his solo atop a small platform at the top of a flagpole, so during the drum solo Frank was climbing up a rope ladder. Once in place, the solo ends, and the spotlight pans to Frank (who has bigger balls than me) high in the air. The solo starts : plink, plink, plinkety-plink. The pedals were off (Frank used solid state Acoustics, and his high E is a .007). A roady runs out and tap dances, then RAWRRRR,BOOM, WHEEE-EEE-EEE.
At the end of the set Frank donned his new Stratlike object, and proceeded to smash it against the stage. The effect was somewhat weakened by the fact that plywood don't break so good.
Still, he's a great player.

Jimi1983

Gold Supporting Member
Ahhh Electric Reflections of War, one of my favorite peaces of music by Frank, or ever for that matter. Remember seeing him do this live. Mind blowing stuff!

dez

Great player who made some great records and is greatly ignored by alot of people. But I look forward to any new music he makes and listen to his records alot.

Trending Topics