Frank Marino.

tubekingsley

Back when you were allowed to camp out in line for tickets, I landed front row center, for Frank Marino at the Long Beach Arena- he killed it... LB Arena used to book crazy good shows in the 70's and early 80's.

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the heads up definitely going to get this, seen him once many many years ago when he oped up for Ted Nugent.

kustombob

Great I saw them in the 70s' Front row' he warm up Blue Oyster Cult. Frank was one of the great Guitar players that never got the reconition he deserve, His live show was up their may I dare say Hendrix.

Jet Bycraft

Great news. The first official Frank Marino live concert DVD coming in 2017.

Thank you for letting us know. I've been waiting for this video to be released for a long time. FM is one of my favorite guitar players, I saw him in Oakland CA back in the late 1970's and it was one of the best shows ever. His recordings are on regular rotation on my iPod.

Last edited:

Dave Fox

Senior Pedalmaker
Awesome! I've been looking forward to this since Frank talked about doing it 12 years ago.

Frank with his pedals - A Paradox TZF and his version of "Octron2" before I stared making them. Notice the little black box with 3 switches. It's a break out box that he built and wired up to his Octron for on/off switching of Octave up, Direct and Octave down.

FMwpeds.jpg

Frank and Fox
Frnknfox.jpg

kushman

killer! I used to see him at the Wax Museum in DC back in the 80's

great player - i'd love to see him again

TNJ

Yes!
I hope I can get our band to learn this tune!
Frank rocks his a$$ off!

S.
j

fenderjapan

World Heavyweight Champion
Silver Supporting Member
Juggernaut is classic.

What a great player! He got a bunch of pedals from me to try, and seemed to disappear... hope he's using them.

If you ever get them back and want to resell them let me know. :p

4styx

That was great. I saw him twice, the last time in a little pub in Ontario. Sat 15 feet from the stage and had drinks brought to me all night, ha.

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
He's a criminally underrated player.

I don't think he ever got into drugs or drink, did he? I say that because his playing always sounded like that of someone cold sober, unlike most of the greats in the 70s... very 'in the pocket'

bluesoul

Frank kills it...we share the same birthday too! (along with Joe Walsh and Duane Allman).
King Bee baby!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom