Frankenstein Fender

mcboyle

So yesterday I found this cool fender at a pawn shop right by my house. its got this sorta jazzmaster/strat thing going on. I have no idea what year its from. theres no serial number on the neck OR the body so thats kinda curious. It plays nice! I really like it. I have an american strat-I feel like it sounds just as good! Im wondering if anyone would think its old at all? Also-how the T is slanted on the "stratocaster" Ive never seen that before.

DANOCASTER

Silver Supporting Member
Looks like somebody just made a project guitar.. I would guess very little of it is actual FENDER - but if you like - who cares ? Decal is a repro that stretched a little. Neck isn't Fender ( they never did RW boards w/ the skunk stripe )

monty

Looks like somebody just made a project guitar.. I would guess very little of it is actual FENDER - but if you like - who cares ? Decal is a repro that stretched a little. Neck isn't Fender ( they never did RW boards w/ the skunk stripe )
I'm not sure I'm reading you right because your info is usually very solid, but Fender did do skunk stripes with RW boards.

DANOCASTER

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not sure I'm reading you right because your info is usually very solid, but Fender did do skunk stripes with RW boards.
By '66 , all Jazzmasters and Jaguars had bound necks with block inlays- these did not have skunk stripes. The B&B necks remained until the jag and Jazzmaster were discontinued

Teles and Strats in the 70s had skunk striped rosewood necks

mcboyle

I sorta was thinking the same about the decal but when I looked at it closer it doesnt even seem to on top of the finish. almost like its part of the wood. I dunno. I dont know much about building guitars or swapping decals but I feel whoever did this one did a pretty good job! Im digging it.

Guitarworks

Not a Fender product, but probably someone's very custom homebuilt. If you like it, then it matters not.

Trending Topics