Frankinstein Guitar Works!

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Goldstrat, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Goldstrat

Goldstrat Supporting Member

Does anybody else here own a guitar built by Seppo at Frankinstein Guitar works? I have a Non-Reverse Firebird he made that is a great guitar. Sounds like a good Gibson and feels better. Anyone else? Not a great pic but here it is. It's African Mahogany with Sycamore wings.

[​IMG]

2. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

It's a beauty, for sure. I like the string-through-body over the tune-a-matic. My Godin LGX-SA is set up similarly and it intonates and plays wonderfully.

3. LeftyLang

LeftyLang Member

http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/index.html?recid=25210

Seppo just built me this Lefty Tele...

It is by far...the best looking and playing tele I have ever owned...his work is top shelf. Details are...

Swamp Ash Body
    Vintage Amber Tinted 50's Maple Neck
    50's Single Ply Guard
    Fender Noisless Tele Pups
    6 Saddle Bridge
    Finished with nitrocellulose
    Custom LeftyLang Decal

4. Goldstrat

Wow, that looks real nice! I'm glad to see someone else enjoys his guitars. I bet it sustains like a violin like mine does.

5. LeftyLang

LeftyLang Member

Hey Goldstrat....Seppo does great work. Me Tele sounds HUGE through my Z28/4x10. I am thinking of having him make me a Lefty Non-Reverse Firebird as well. I have never seen a Lefty NR Firebird & I think it would be cool to have one.
    How much does yours weigh?

6. LeftyLang

LeftyLang Member

[​IMG]
    Seppo also painted my Strat to match the Tele...

7. Goldstrat

I am very pleased with my Firebird he made. It's a little wild looking and different but it balances great and practically plays itself. I traded him a guitar for it and the transaction went well. The coolest thing is that I can get Gibson and Fender sounds from it and they both sound great! I don't know how much it weighs but it is very light. Probably around 5 to 5-1/2 lbs. It looks like a Firebird but sounds like an Explorer. Here is a few more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Axedaddy

Axedaddy Guest

I have 2 of Seppos guitars, The Flamer 1 and ElBinga. Check the gallery, < www.frankinsteinguitarworks.com >
    they are both on there. In the 20+ years of playing and making a living with guitars, I can truly say I have never come across anything better. I mean really, where are you going to get a one piece, quarter sawn, African Mahogany body(the Flamer 1) or or a one piece Bubinga body. Seppo rocks and it is nice to be able to get what I want and not what the factory is shoving down my throat!

9. matte

matte Senior Member

:confused:

10. bobhunt

bobhunt Guest

Currently Seppo is building a double neck 12/6 left hand guitar for me. Will be finished in white - hopefully by end Jan. I'll post some pics later in the build. Sounds like everyone here is real happy with the finished guitar?

11. Axedaddy

Axedaddy Guest

Here SHE is, in all her glory! The Flamer 1. It has a single Evolution with a push/push series/parallel volume control, Ibanez Zero Point bridge ( the best innovation since the Floyd Rose), Sperzel locking tuners and roller nut. The body is one piece quarter sawn mahogany, book-matched quilted maple top, thin 24 fret Wizard style neck, 24 Dunlop 6100 frets, frets 18-24 scalloped. This thing is a monster and it truly breathes fire. One of the coolest things is that the tonal possibilities are amazing. I have played 2 pickup guitars that could not cover the tonal ground this guitar does. overall I am THRILLED with this guitar. I will work on getting pic of my other one. I am also think there is a Frankinstein 3 in my near future :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. axestronomer

axestronomer Member

Hey everyone, awesome Frankinsteins! I have a few also , the mini 335, the StrataG and the Mellow?Yellow. The StrataG and the Mellow?Yellow are custom builds and the mini is the first one I got when I first came upon the Frankinstein site. You can check them out in the gallery at www.frankinstein.com I'll also try to get a few pics posted when I have a bit of time. Hats off to Seppo , these are the fine instruments at fantastic value. I have Frankinstein #4 in mind for the spring or summer.

All that you touch and all that you feel

13. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Whats hard to understand? Firebirds sound great and are cool as hell.........but they do play like ****. Very Top heavy and most I played fret out........not to mention the headstocks fall off if you sneeze.

That is a great looking Bird Seppo made.........but he needs to work on his headstocks a little bit. Otherwise its a winner!

14. Goldstrat

I have had my share of LP's and SG's and I choose to play the Bird almost every time. It's lighter, it balances better it intonates better and it sounds better than most. I love Lesters but it's really hard to get a good one these days and I would take the Firebird over about 90% of them. I have never owned a Gibson Firebird but the ones I have had a chance to play in stores were consistently not impressive.

15. Frankinstein

Frankinstein Member

Hey guys (and gals?), Seppo here..... the one man army at Frankinstein Guitar works (Canada). Gotta tell you all that I truly appreciate the positive feedback and all the effort you put forth to spread the word about my instruments. The factories make fine products, but when you crave something "extra", I'm here for you! Rock on!

16. Goldstrat

Hi Seppo,

Glad to see you made it to the gear page! You deserve recognition because you make fine instruments. I think everyone that has one knows it. keep doing it and more people will find out. Until then maybe I will get another before you get too busy.

17. PUCKBOY99

PUCKBOY99 Silver Supporting Member

Seppo made me a GORGEOUS Bird & was a pleasure do work with.....

[​IMG]

You can see a ton of build pics here: http://community.webshots.com/user/puckboy99

It's the furthest thing from "sounding & playing like ****", as Old School so eloquently put it. Perfectly balanced in weight & tone.

[​IMG]
    Headstock looks good to me......

LOVE IT !!!! :BEER

18. Goldstrat

19. PUCKBOY99

PUCKBOY99 Silver Supporting Member

Were you thinking of selling yours at one time?

It was someone on this board that introduced me to Seppo & Frankinstein.

20. Goldstrat

Yes, I had it for sale but changed my mind. I still might sell it because I might sell all my guitars soon. It is a great guitar though and I like it allot. I am very busy lately with my job and family so I may sell all my stuff to make room in our recroom.