Frantone Hep Cat?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by screamingduck, Oct 24, 2008.

1. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

I was trying to download some soundclips off of Frantone's website without any luck. Can anyone tell me what the Hep Cat sounds like and perhaps what that pedal is based on (or is it a unique design)?

2. AC30LP

AC30LP Member

fairly transparent, but bright and kinda crunchy--I found it to be odd.

3. charmboy

charmboy Member

I had one of the originals for a while. If this makes sense, to me it sounded like a brighter, very low gain fuzz. I kind of wish I held on to it given the recent price hike in Frantone pedals.

4. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

The sound samples on the Frantone site are terrible and dont sound like the pedal. A low gain, high headroom fuzz is about right though. Really crisp sounding and great for telecasters and strats. I have one that I've been looking to trade for a while but no one seems to have heard of it so I still have it in my cabinet.

5. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Thanks for the replies! I'm still having trouble getting those clips to play plus there are no YouTube clips available. I hate G.A.S.!

6. fieldsroyal

fieldsroyal Member

I ab'ed my HC with my tan ROSS distortion - sounded identical - Ross was slightly warmer actually - but I'd suggest the must be based on the same circuit - anyone else confirm this????