freakshow brown rabbit vs landgraff mo'd

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lefte118, Jan 6, 2008.

1. lefte118

lefte118 Member

i was wondering if anyone had ab'd these two pedals. i did not find much with the search button. any thoughts on their similarities/differences?:munch

2. 4styx

4styx Member

About $300!Couldn't resist.

3. H_V_C

H_V_C Member

I was wondering this too. I like the LDO alot, though I have never heard a MO'd(except clips). I personally hate the clips of the of the brown rabbit, though I know how clips can be.

4. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

Yeah, the clips almost sound like a different category of pedal! :crazy I bet a few folks here have had both. Hopefully they'll stop by shed some light on it for us :)

5. musickbox

musickbox Member

Never played a LDO. But I did compare it to a vintage Rat. My consensus was that the BR sounded very similar, just had a smoother top end. Besides that it would be hard to tell a difference. I'll sit here and wait with you guys.
    :munch

6. lefte118

lefte118 Member

7. hbentley

hbentley Member

i have a landy mo'd up for trade. it's great sounding pedal, but more amplike than i was after (which is probably what most love about it). i dig the sound of the old rats, this has that sound but smoother and more refined. i guess i just missed just a little of the brashness of the rat. the landy is definitely a killer piece of gear...quiet with lots of sustain and a beautiful box to boot. if you like rats, but want smoother, this is definitely the right tree to be barking up.