Fred Stuart Tele Neck Pickup - WOW!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by pbradt, Aug 8, 2008.

1. pbradt

pbradt Senior Member

Man, this is a GREAT pickup. This is as nice as a T2 and even better than a Hamel. Bright, strong, but no harshness, the nicest Tele neck pickup I've ever heard. Who needs a Strat pickup when you can have this?

Nice and bright, or roll the tone back and you're in ES175 territory.

I put the pickup in the Partscaster I've made out of a Guitar Mill Mary Kay body (3.2 pounds), Mim Classic '50s neck and hardware. Originally I made it into an Esquire but I never bonded with it as an Esquire but since it bore an scary resemblence to Vince Gill's '53, I decided to get a great neck pickup and turn it into a Vinniecaster, which is the guitar's name.

I know they're expensive, but IMO, you get what you pay for. If you want the real deal in Tele pickups, Fred Stuart is your man.

I'm selling my Hamel Strat pickups and getting some Stuarts. I can't in good conscience keep using Hamels, when the guy has screwed so many people.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

2. DANOCASTER

DANOCASTER Supporting Member

agreed -

I needed a Stuart bridge for an esquire and so I just bought a set.

I ended up sticking the Stuart neck pickup in a build for a TGP member and it was FANTASTIC. Really is a VERY good set of pickups

expensive - but worth it for one of your main guitars !!

3. Seegs

Seegs Member

agreed!...I just replaced my GVCG/Lollars with a set of Stuarts...I love the GVCGs but they do tend to be very dry and I wanted some more harmonic content and the Stuarts have tons of that...

I bonded with the bridge pup immediately but it did take me awhile to dial in the neck pup but once I did I couldn't be happier...I ended up using the Glendale hardware with the Stuarts and the combo is amazing...it took my K-line tele to another level...

I am also very interested in a set of Stuart strat pups...it they sound anything like the tele pups I know I'm gonna love em...

Chow,
    Seegs

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  4. skydawg

skydawg Member

you have a link to his site?

5. Seegs

Seegs Member