Free - All Right Now - Isolated Guitar Track

derekd

Supporting Member
Wait... aren't you a "jazz" geezer yourself?

~ss
Brother, I listen to just about everything but geezer rock. Listened to it growing up, played it in bar bands for a decade, another two decades of listening on classic rock stations. No doubt, some great music there, I'm burned out on it. Mostly just messing with our pal, @PLX

Currently, have this on the tellly. Afro Cuban music.

ShredSquatch

Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
Brother, I listen to just about everything but geezer rock. Listened to it growing up, played it in bar bands for a decade, another two decades of listening on classic rock stations. No doubt, some great music there, I'm burned out on it. Mostly just messing with our pal, @PLX

Currently, have this on the tellly.

Nothing wrong with that...

I listen to a few bands every once in a while and a little more if the songs are in a set.
I've enjoyed some of the iso tracks!

I'll check that video out!

~ss

PLX

MENSA member, Astronaut, Dated Your Mom Once
Thing is; I have stems from more current rock music - but when you isolate the guitar, it's really not worth listening to. :oops:

The tone is horrible. The playing is just not inspiring, at all. :(

derekd

Supporting Member
Thing is; I have stems from more current rock music - but when you isolate the guitar, it's really not worth listening to. :oops:

The tone is horrible. The playing is just not inspiring, at all. :(
Really?

I'd think it'd be better due to all the tone options and recording technology today. That seems odd. Nothing worthwhile from someone like Mayer, Bonamassa, Satch, Vai, EJ, or Jon Harrington?

Last edited:
Reactions: PLX

PLX

MENSA member, Astronaut, Dated Your Mom Once
Really?

I'd think it'd be better due to all the tone options and recording technology today. That seems odd. Nothing worthwhile from someone like Mayer, Bonamassa, Satch, Via, EJ, or Jon Harrington?
I used to love Satch, but let's face it - dude doesn't play "songs". He just rips.

Nothing wrong with that, per se.. but I prefer the classic tones and songs.

1bluzman

Supporting Member
Plx , liking the iso tracks we should have a separate thread for them.
Listen like em or move on. Still like a lot of the signature licks from 40 -50 years ago as I was there too. I have to admit I don't listen to the music much anymore. Great guitar tones and playing. Imho :aok

StompBoxBlues

I recall listening to it and the two guitars that make up THE sound are panned left and right so it was easy to hear each...together they make a sound that is much cooler than the sum of their parts.

Papanate

That's three channels of guitar tracks. The lead sounds like it's recorded in stereo - but in 1970 I doubt it. I think the tracks highlight something us mortals didn't think about - many of these revered guitarist were creative - but just okay at tracking. For example there are numerous mistakes through out - but it doesn't affect the feel or the enjoyment.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Supporting Member
I had a DOD FX57 pedal that sounded just like that rhythm tone.

Playloudd308

That's three channels of guitar tracks. The lead sounds like it's recorded in stereo - but in 1970 I doubt it. I think the tracks highlight something us mortals didn't think about - many of these revered guitarist were creative - but just okay at tracking. For example there are numerous mistakes through out - but it doesn't affect the feel or the enjoyment.
I do love Kossoff but this only proves it's the song over the individual musician every day!
Couldn’t agree more. Love the song and the tone and playing sound great IN CONTEXT. I was quite surprised as I was listening. Tone sounded a bit thin with no sustain which actually sounds huge and fits the song so well when listening to the whole band. Playing was equally surprising.

Music is recorded very differently today, resulting in more and more tracks, *perfected* performances, kitchen sink mixing, and so on. It's a far cry from showing up in a studio and cutting a track in a few hours. Mungo Jerry's "In The Summertime" was reportedly cut in under an hour - including setting up their equipment.

The job is capturing emotion. Calling this music "geezer rock" is more than a bit ageist and ignores the fact that Paul Rodgers wrote "All Right Now" when he was 17. Kossoff was what, 18 or 19 when he recorded it. It is filled with the emotion of being young in 1970.

Imagine recording like this today:
Note the guitar tone, played on the neck P-90 of a Les Paul. I'm a recording engineer as well as a guitarist and I would LOVE to record a modern band this way.

Best...H

Trending Topics