Free Friedman BE and smallbox profiles on the Kemper forum

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by wedewer, Jan 30, 2015.

1. wedewer

wedewer Supporting Member

For those of you who don't check out the kemper forum, there is an excellent thread going on over there called "have amp will profile". A guy named Tim Owens is profiling the sh$t out of Friedman BE100. He has done 14 different profiling sessions with lots of different profiles. He took micing and setting suggestions from people and then profiled it "by requests". Everyone's taste is diffferent, so a lot of peoples requests don't work for me. They might work for others here. But the profiles are excellent. On page 7 of the thread if you scroll down Tim profiled the BE100 with his favorite settings and then his Friedman smallbox 50 with the same settings. Those profiles are right in my wheelhouse and probably exactly how I would dial the amp in for my tastes. I just played both amps when I was out at NAMM and his profiles are exactly as I remember the amps sounding. If you dig marshall and hot rodded marshall tones you should check out the profiles.

2. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

Yeah man that is a great thread. I love that he is so willing to take requests for anything from dialing in the amps to mic positions, etc. I should make some clips and post.

3. tvegas99

tvegas99 Silver Supporting Member

Many thanks for the heads up!

4. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

Hmm, I'm not much of a Marshall guy but can't argue with free. I'll check these out. Thanks for the heads up!

5. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

Tried 8, 9, 10, 11, 13 and 14...didn't hear anything I liked. A lot of them had this cocked wah thing going on (even when turning off all effects). I played through a marshall 412 with 75s which is my usual monitoring situation when playing live. Just not for me but if others dig them, then cool!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  6. zepwanker

zepwanker Member

yes, thanks for the heads up!

7. wedewer

wedewer Supporting Member

I don't like a lot of the profiles because of the settings and mic positions, but I sound some really good. I don't hear a cocked wah thing. Does anyone else? I am running it through and atomic CLR wedge that doesn't color it at all.

8. JerEvil

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/meambobbo/timowensbe-phase4[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Thought this clip sounded pretty good (it isn't mine). I will be honest, I ave them all downloaded but haven;t spent any time with them. Will for sure this weekend though.

9. timowens316

timowens316 Member

Thanks everyone, this has been a fun and educational project for me. I look forward to the next projects. I also have a Friedman Smallbox (which we'll profile next with it's Plexi channel), a Friedman Dirty Shirley and a Splawn Quick Rod ready to profile. I also have a couple of other interesting things to try, but we'll get to those in due time. Please pop in on any of the "Have Amps, Will Profile" threads and let me know what you want to try.

10. timowens316

timowens316 Member

Hey SkyhighRocks, please offer any suggestions that you might have to improve these profiles in that thread, I'm open to any suggestions. After all, it's a community project so all suggestions are welcome, and of course it's all free, all you need to do is ask :)

Also, when you said "even when turning off all effects", all effects should have been off to start with, maybe there's something amiss here.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  11. timowens316

timowens316 Member

Thanks for that JerEvil, that is meambobbo's modified version of one of the profiles, he is a master of reverb and all effects, you should check out his threads on effects, he shares some really cool stuff.

Here are a couple of other demos that were posted, dang, I wish I could play like these guys, if I could I would make my own demos :)

Here's a clip by Quitty:
    [SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/quittymr/friedman-test[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Here's a clip by Hallan:
    [SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/hallanbachia/vh-clip-03[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  12. JerEvil

Here's a fast clip I threw together of Merciful Fate's "The Uninvited Guest".

I used the:
    HAWP6 VR F0 C1 S0 profile.

2 rhythm tracks panned hard left/right and a lead track panned dead center.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/jerevil/uninvited-guest-hawp[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Not a great mix but I think the profiles sounds pretty good! My little lead is mixed to high but whatever! LOL!

13. timowens316

timowens316 Member

Nice playing, thanks for sharing!!!

14. JerEvil

Thanks man! You're most welcome. I thank YOU!