Free pedalbaord - wiring questions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Magicpad, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Magicpad

Magicpad Member

Okay so I got this pedalbaord for free from my brother.... who, love him to death, only knows about 3 chords on the guitar. He got it from a college friend of his who sold it to him for $50 probably because he needed beer money.

But this wiring job is nuts.... makes me think that this was a pro's board who used it on tour extensively, and that it might have some history.

Basically, from what I make of it, there are 2 wires: red (power) and blue (signal) that are routed through the 1/4 inch jacks and through the power supply box! All pedals work fine when plugged in, but this wiring has me stumped. I ordered about $30 in spare parts to try and restore the pedals, replace the missing knobs, and attach new backplates.... all 4 of which are missing.

I know the chorus and the phaser are pretty rare.... so I wanted to disconnect them from this daisy chain madness to use them separately..... please chime in with any suggestions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bgoez

bgoez Stratocasters are my downfall!

Looks like somebody wanted to save money on connectors. One color wire is ground, one is the signal. Hopefully all the original parts we're left intact. If so you can unsolder the red and blue wires and play away.

3. ahcleinad

ahcleinad Member

I think bgoez has it right. Just disconnect the wires, solder them onto jacks, and they should be how they originally were.

4. Magicpad

Magicpad Member

Thanks guys, any idea what the Chorus and the Phaser would be worth if I sold them? Are the Super overdrive and Compressor as highly regarded?

5. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

I had perfectly mint ones of each of those with boxes a few months back and it took forever to sell but I sold the CE-2 for $115 and the PH-1r for $80. The CE-2 sold after a few weeks, but the phaser took a while.

In that condition though, who knows. Maybe $100 for the chorus and $50 for the phaser?

[​IMG]

6. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

Man that is a nice score! That SD-1 has serious mojo!

7. Harvesterofsorrow

Harvesterofsorrow Member

keep the chorus, ce-2's are the best i will never get rid of mine

8. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

I agree, I miss my CE2 and PH1r after letting them go. In fact, don't split them and keep them all! They are much cooler as a set too.

9. aflynt

aflynt Member

Holy flashback, Batman! Remove the phaser and the power supply and you have my pedal setup from 1985.

-Aaron

10. MG90

MG90 Member

I never would have thought to hardwire pedals together like that...

11. Magicpad

Magicpad Member

Thanks for the input guys! I un-wired them and they all work! Woohoo!

I think I will keep em.... I don't have a chorus, phaser, or compressor so it's a nice score. I ordered some brand new knobs, backplates, and thumbscrews.... I'm also debating replacing the jacks, but they seem solid at least for now. I'll have more pics when I restore them completely.