Freedom - Jimi Hendrix

johnfindlay

From quite awhile ago: Freedom - Jimi Hendrix - Cry of Love. Once in awhile I'll take a favorite track or solo, rip it apart & try and put it back together again. I'm also starting to come up with some pretty good notated transcriptions using Sibelius, although it lacks alot of guitar notating features.

Campfired

John,

Awesome work. Just wish that these videos would play easily from TGP. They seem to begin, but get hung up as buffering kicks in. Visiting your YouTube channel proves far more effective. Great job.

johnfindlay

John,

Awesome work. Just wish that these videos would play easily from TGP. They seem to begin, but get hung up as buffering kicks in. Visiting your YouTube channel proves far more effective. Great job.
Thanks. Dont get to lift stuff & record it often...someone just sent me this! How did they get to do this - with the Hendrix estate issues and all...
http://guitardevil.com/jimi-hendrix-freedom-guitar-only-jimi-isolated/
http://guitardevil.com/jimi-hendrix-freedom-guitar-only-jimi-isolated/

vladorg

Gold Supporting Member
One of the coolest and most overlooked Jimi tunes. John, you rule!

57gold

Gold Supporting Member
One of the coolest and most overlooked Jimi tunes. John, you rule!
Agree...more than that, Cry of Love is a masterpiece, it is Jimi in 100% control of his studio, reflects the direction he was going next!

Night Bird Flying (mr Findlay will need at least 4 tracks for that one!), Ezy Rider, Angel...Belly Button Window...underscore what a soulful, funky, masterful player and composer we lost!

martinrawlins

Stunning playing! Can you talk through the rig you used for the parts? The lead/right channel guitar has that great kind of halo around it, it must be octavia?

johnfindlay

Stunning playing! Can you talk through the rig you used for the parts? The lead/right channel guitar has that great kind of halo around it, it must be octavia?
No it was pretty barebones on the lead side...I do have an octaver thing but didt use..its the reverb--and maybe where I was picking
occasionally that gives it a bit of an octave sound.. it was my 60 strat.. Kinman pickups and a Fender SV Vibrolux..I cant remember what distortion..
maybe Love Pedal COT50

johnfindlay

Agree...more than that, Cry of Love is a masterpiece, it is Jimi in 100% control of his studio, reflects the direction he was going next!

Night Bird Flying (mr Findlay will need at least 4 tracks for that one!), Ezy Rider, Angel...Belly Button Window...underscore what a soulful, funky, masterful player and composer we lost!
Oh ya...I have a version of Angel I may have put here before -but I did it in 6/8 but the eaaxct parts-so time shifted,,,hahah
I have Ezy Ryder mapped out and I love NightBird too...

Trending Topics