1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Freeway Jam

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by midnightlaundry, Feb 16, 2009.

1. midnightlaundry

midnightlaundry Member

2. wntbtw

wntbtw Member

Great playing! Had that JB vibe going on for sure. Nice tones too! I bet you were having alot of fun playing that!

3. midnightlaundry

midnightlaundry Member

Thanks. I was digin' it!

I have the JB pickup. It has to be good on a cosmic level at least. :bong

4. midnightlaundry

midnightlaundry Member

5. wntbtw

wntbtw Member

Man you don`t have to do that! You played your version of a great Jeff Beck song and I thought you played some great creative/original stuff backed by the original JB rhythm section! I thought it was great and really enjoyed it!

6. huskerjohn

huskerjohn Member

I dig it man! Great tone and groove to a great song!

7. digital jams

digital jams Member

8. midnightlaundry

midnightlaundry Member

Thanks guys. Listening to it a day latter, I have to say I'm already over it...:NUTS

But, I do like the recorded tone. The tone was moderate to high gain on the TriAxis, with the gains set on 6.5. Just enough gain to get dirty, but little enough that you can back of on the picking to clean up. I think that came through on the recording. It would come off as more gainy if I recorded it at a live level, but I'm in a crappy apartment, and can't get the richness of the power amp without risking a flogging.

Also, I like how the room mic helps bring out the dynamics in your performance. I didn't use any limiting, or compression on the guitar. I only hit the low cut on the room mic to keep out the boom.

New speakers coming tomarrow. I got' some more ET65's, and I'll test out some Veteran 30's. Look for some more clips soon. :stir

9. realityczech

realityczech Senior Member