• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Fret Board Note Chart

robertkoa

I actually like the chart, but not in it's current orientation. I think it helps see the relationship of the notes on the fretboard.

OP - the chart (for a right handed guitarist) should look more like this

E ->
B ->
G ->
D ->
A ->
E ->

That way, like someone mentioned, the chart looks more like the fretboard as you are looking down at it from a playing position. Easier to visualize that way. Noone was mocking you, just having some fun. I don't quite understand your original question either. I think you are asking about the relationship of different notes to different scales. Everything scale has a root note and climbs from there, but each scale has a different pattern of notes....sharing some notes and not sharing others. Good luck in your process.
+1 I also prefer to see chords this way with low E string as you have it.

simon_62

Hello Guys I think I found the solution to my ques. I know its actually upside down, musician prefer another standard way of showing the fret board but that was not my doubt. My doubt was is there any other arrangement of notes than the above fret board note chart. Ans is yes. Actually The above Fretboard Note chart is valid for standard tuning (E tuning). If we change the tuning, the notes across the fret board will get changed. For example suppose we have tuned the guitar in standard D (DGCFAD). Then the fret board note chart will become.

It's still upside-down. ;)

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
If you use TAB, it will help to reorient it like a right hander would see it looking down with the first fret on the left, and the 12th fret on the right. Low E on the bottom and high E on the top.

gigs

It's upside down and left-right inverted. And please take out the accidentals. We all know whats between the A and B, for example.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom