Fretwork in Northern Colorado

Pablomago

I'm having Fret Sprout problems with a G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carvetop. I can hook the high E string under the edge of the 22nd fret. Can anyone recommend someone who does exceptional fretwork around here? (Denver, Boulder > North up the I-25 corridor...)

Other then that, I really like this guitar.

bigtone23

Fret sprout is easily taken care of by virtually anyone with a guitar repair shop in the arid Mountain time zone. It's the most common fret work out there. Being able to remove the neck insures that it will be done well.
It's not hard to do, either. Lots of videos out there. I put the skills required right there with truss rod adjustments and fine tuning the intonation. File, lightly sand then steel wool/scotchbrite to finish it up. I recommend getting it done immediately as the spring time humidity levels are about start rising. Taking care of fret sprout during the driest time of year insures that they won't pop back out again.

KGWagner

Bigtone23 is right. It's not a difficult thing to do, given the proper tools/procedures, and now's the time to do it before the neck starts fattening up again. If you wait too much longer, you may end up having to do it twice.

Crunchtime

Silver Supporting Member
If you don't mind shipping neck to Salt Lake, there is a guy named Jaroslav Kopa that does excellent fretwork. When he lived in Kansas, I had him work on my Les Paul and he did a great job even doing awesome looking hot dog ends on frets. He is on Facebook if you want to reach out to him. He is a cool guy and has a true passion for guitars.

Trending Topics