• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Freyette Power Station Owners .. Your Tips

jrockbridge

I'm new to the Power Station PS-2. I'm blown away by the feel and sound of the unit as an attenuator/reamping device with tube amps.

I also tried a SS preamp pedal into the PS-2 through to a Fender 410 cab. The sound was surprisingly good although the feel was not great.

The FX loop is fantastic. I've got plenty of stomp fx I can try in there.

How do you use your power station? Any suggestions on gear chains I should try with my PS-2? Any tips for NOT damaging a Power Station?

mrfett

Line out into a Mooer Radar loaded with a good cabinet IR direct into your DAW will get you a great recorded tone. Add a room sim and you can emulate what the UA Ox does.

Great tool for all sorts of applications, seems pretty bulletproof to me.

You can also hook up a cab switcher to it and use it with multiple amps without plugging/unplugging.

Bobby Smith

I've used my amp dry in one 4x12 cab, line out in a Roland SDE 1000digital delay out of that into the line in of the PS and ran the PS to 2 more 4x12's. dry cab in the middle wet cabs on either side ;)

Thilo278

Komet 60 into the PS-1 for volume management and additionally the line out into an AMT Pangaea as an IR loader directly to the board for better sound dispersion and to add FX for some kind of wet/dry setup.

IM4Tone

I've used mine to amplify the sound of two micro amps: the Hotone Mojo Diamond and the British Invasion, both only 5 watt max. These two diminutive amps sound great, but are very quiet, (couldn't be used live). The PS-2 with it's 50 watts corrects that very transparently.

Note: Read the warning about using certain SS amps w/ the PS-2 and make sure yours is OK. (I verified with Hotone that these two amps were OK.)

stratpaulguy86

Silver Supporting Member
I use mine to attenuate a Trainwreck Rocket clone, the speaker output of the Power Station goes into a Palmer PDI03, line out of the Palmer feeds a delay unit into the front end of a 5E3 Deluxe for a wet/dry setup.

AA864

I just picked one up too, also have an Unleash. I love the real tube sound in the PS2 and the fact that it’ll do all impedances, including 2ohms on a Super. I may be tempted to unload a few other attenuators soon, not sure yet.

The beauty of the PS is it makes any amp (small or large) very useful - adds MV, reamper, loop, direct out. I wish it had the boost feature of the Unleash too, but that’s trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I use mine on a Marshall 2061x head or a SFSR. Sounds fantastic. I also run a 4CM out of a boss MS-3 into the loop. The PS2 solves a lot of problems.

Last edited:

pete12string

Silver Supporting Member
I use mine with a de Lisle Amp-Speaker Selector so I can switch between 3 amp heads and 3 speaker cabinets and go through the PS-2 - all with the turn of a couple of dials. No unplugging and plugging cables. Very convenient for my home setup!

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
My tip - never have the switches off.

I always have both of them on the highest setting.

Thilo278

I also run a 4CM out of a boss MS-3 into the loop.
Interesting! I thought alot about buying a MS-3 or HxFx to use it with 4CM before the amps input and in the loop of the PS but figured there would most likely be grounding issues and squealing. How did it work out for you? Any problems setting this up or did this work without any problems?

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
Line out into a Mooer Radar loaded with a good cabinet IR direct into your DAW will get you a great recorded tone. Add a room sim and you can emulate what the UA Ox does.

Great tool for all sorts of applications, seems pretty bulletproof to me.

You can also hook up a cab switcher to it and use it with multiple amps without plugging/unplugging.
Do you have to hoop up a speaker load for the power station when you use it like this?

AA864

Interesting! I thought alot about buying a MS-3 or HxFx to use it with 4CM before the amps input and in the loop of the PS but figured there would most likely be grounding issues and squealing. How did it work out for you? Any problems setting this up or did this work without any problems?
Ahh yes, good question. I had grounding issues and squealing, first on an Unleash and then also on the PS-2 using it with my Marshall 2061x head. I had to buy a Lehle P-Split @ $170 to solve the problem. Expensive, but totally solved it for me.

esowden

Swart 6V6SE head into my PS2 with a Fractal FX8 (4CM) in the effects loop driving two 1×12 Celestion G12H-75 Creamback loaded cabinets.

Sonic bliss!

Of course - YMMV...

carl_is_tall

The beauty of the PS is it makes any amp (small or large) very useful - adds MV, reamper, loop, direct out. I wish it had the boost feature of the Unleash too, but that’s trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I put a TC Elec Spark Mini in my PS2 loop and it is PERFECT for this exact application. Great for a solo boost,... also great for matching volumes between single coil guitars and humbucker guitars.

MasterEvan07

Gold Supporting Member
Here’s mine. I run my line out into a two notes CAB so I can avid miking an skust hand the sound guy a cable.

Normally I'm not that into rack mounting stuff but that setup is straight forward and just plain dope. Outboard tube reverb, Fender Bassman whomp, power conditioner, PS2 adding functionality and volume control...I dig it.

john l

Silver Supporting Member
Normally I'm not that into rack mounting stuff but that setup is straight forward and just plain dope. Outboard tube reverb, Fender Bassman whomp, power conditioner, PS2 adding functionality and volume control...I dig it.
Hey thanks man! It’s as simple as it can be to do what I had in mind when I put it together.

Trending Topics