FRFR that doubles as a 3rd FOH speaker?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by james..., Apr 22, 2016.

1. james...

james... Member

Right now I play in a venue that has two 12" mains and a 2x15 sub in the middle.

I'm thinking about getting a 3rd speakers to put in the middle above the sub, but I want to also use it as a FRFR sometimes for my Ax8.

Any idea?

2. eriwebnerr

eriwebnerr Member

What type / brand speakers are in use now and what is your budget?
    Personally I use the JBL EON 612's like this. Very "true", clear and detailed for a PA speaker and they sound incredible with modelers. They have DSP settings and blue tooth control to give you EQ options to work well as a monitor or in user with other systems. Whatever you get, I would suggest something with DSP settings to compensate quickly for how you want to use it.

3. poorbutclassy

poorbutclassy Member

I use QSC K10s this way, but they are admittedly more expensive than other powered speakers. However, they sound amazing and have 1000 watts of headroom.

RGB likes this.
  4. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Supporting Member

Why not just use one of the mains you have now? Most PA speakers have 2 inputs, you could have the band mix and the Ax8 mix

5. scook

scook Member

Unless you're running your PA in mono only, a third FOH speaker isn't a good idea.