FRFR translation to FOH

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by adicreed, Jun 19, 2019.

1. adicreed

adicreed Member

So I was playing the Powercab at GC this weekend and damn that thing sounded great! But then I started thinking about the application for it. At the moment, I'm playing at my church and we use IEMs. So it wouldn't be used there. Then me and a couple friends are starting to play with the idea of doing small gigs. So I'm wondering, if I use the powercab at home to create my sounds on the Helix and use them in church, how would it translate? Would a K10, DXR10, Alto etc etc be better to translate to FOH? Anyways I'm sorry if this question has been asked already. Just wanting to get some thoughts.

2. Chocol8

Chocol8 Member

What kind of speakers is the FOH using? Ideally you would dial in with those at performance levels.

3. Lele

Lele Member

This is the essential point, together with using (loud) backing tracks so that you tweak your tone at the same (or similar) conditions of your live mix.

QSC and Yamaha make excellent products, too. I'd say it's just a matter of what you prefer.

4. X-Mann

X-Mann Member

I dial my Digital presets in on Flat Studio Monitors 1st & then accept what come through my FRFR stage speakers.

5. the swede

the swede Member

I prefer dialing in my presets with an frfr speaker at performance volume.
    Those presets gets to sound a bit boring at home through headphones and small nearfield monitors though. But i make douplicates and adjust (mostly in cuts and a EQ) for home use.

So even if you get a Power Cab, you have the ability to dial in presets in its Flat mode if you want to send a IR or helix cab sim to FOH. You would also be able to use the Power Cab as a monitor either in its cab sim mode or flat mode.

6. adicreed

adicreed Member

Thanks guys for the advice! So I could essentially get the same or around the same tone from the PC that the FOH would be hearing?