fri nite jazz w/ tele neck pup

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by tedm, May 20, 2006.

1. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

2. moozak

moozak Silver Supporting Member

3. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

modern jazz. contemporary jazz.

4. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Jazz Odyssey!!!

"We're not about to play a free-form jazz experiment in front of a festival crowd!"

"Derek Smalls on the bass - he wrote this."

5. DamianP

DamianP Member

I know I shouldn`t laugh but I did.

,Damian.

6. moozak

moozak Silver Supporting Member

here's a suggestion: try "whistling" or "humming" some sort of a melody line against your music... not thru the whole clip... but rather pick a select number of middle bars to do this. then, try to develop a lead (keep it simple!) based on the line your were "whistling" or "humming"... and then simply play that line... in that pre-defined space. remember, keep it simple to start with ok? don't try to impress with too many notes. in the beginning, if you can't "whistle" or "hum" it... then don't try to play it... this will help you establish some sort of melodic creativity. ever listen to bad company? there's a prime example... not too many notes... not too much flash... not the greatest lead work ever... BUT!!!... some nice tasty, simple, memorable lead work going on there right?

it seems that you're trying hard and we all know it's difficult to share one's "personal creativity" with the world sometimes... i certainly do admire you for that... but i'll bet you'll see a marked improvement in responses to your clips if you're willing to try this.

will you try it?