Fried strymon bkue sky?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Michael_Boyet, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Michael_Boyet

Michael_Boyet Member

So my favorite pedal and the one that contributes a ton to the way I want to sound took a dump today. The pedal wont turn on at all. I have had it plugged into my power plus 2the in position 5 for like 2 months now. .I accidentally had to it on 12v.........

Wouldn't frying a pedal be an instant thing? Or maybe not?
    I opened it up and searched around but im a noob at that stuff so I didn't see anything that could help me diagnose.

Ny warrantyon the pedal is no t in effect I bought it used.

Any hope or someone here who can fix it if they wont? I emailed themsaying id like a repair and would pay..

2. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

I've heard they don't like anything higher than 9v... There's a good chance you fried it if it was on 12v.

3. cwcashiniv

cwcashiniv Member

My buddy did the same - he fried his with the PP2 setting on 12v. It was instant, but over time, the pedal gave out on him after a couple months, similar to you.

Contact Strymon. It may not be free, but they're great about correspondence.

4. whiteop

whiteop Senior Member

Probably a fried diode near the beginning of the circuit I'd guess but there may be damage to other components as well.

5. Madsen

Madsen Member

:agree
    mine arrived bunk & they sent me a new one quick. great service.

6. Footbutt

Footbutt Supporting Member

i agree, it might be something 'simple,' but contacting Strymon is the first place to start. i'm sure if they can't fix it for a fee, then they'd either replace it or give you a discount. they seem like very nice, personal guys.

(i'd probably be the one with a soldering gun, tinkering with it, so if they don't fix it or say they can't, i can try!)

7. Michael_Boyet

Michael_Boyet Member

thanks everyone. still waiting on a reply. im sure something can be done at some sort of price...

8. Michael_Boyet

Michael_Boyet Member

and sorry for HORRIBLE typing and spelling. i did this on my phone….while driving….yeah….

9. Michael_Boyet

Michael_Boyet Member

They do repairs for $50 for non warranty . Not bad!

10. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Don't do this, please. ;)

11. jb4674

jb4674 Member

Time to ditch that clunky PP2+ and get a PowerFactor. There are no dip switches to fiddle with and the outputs are clearly labeled as to what they do. Plus, it's sexy looking!

[​IMG]