Friedman frfr question?

Tommy55515

Hi, I recently started playing with a rock-country crossover original/covers to pay the bills band...I use a helix through a friedman frfr most of time, but i went back to putting my helix through my dt amp because especially with this project i cant seem to find the right ir(i have a good amount, and also make my own in my spare time) to capture that lightly overdriven yet powerful tone...The dt is just blowing it out of the water....If anyone uses a similar sound and could point me in a right direction, i would love to explore it....Thank you

Pat6969

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I tried for years to like FRFR, never quite got to the point I was 100% happy. My final try was the ASC-10, which was the best of any I tried but was still a full range cab. Now using a Kemper Powerhead through a real guitar cab and loving it. If the DT is working, why change it? Maybe you're just one of the guys that likes to hear a real guitar cab on stage.

LolainNB

Well, I tried for years to like FRFR, never quite got to the point I was 100% happy. My final try was the ASC-10, which was the best of any I tried but was still a full range cab. Now using a Kemper Powerhead through a real guitar cab and loving it. If the DT is working, why change it? Maybe you're just one of the guys that likes to hear a real guitar cab on stage.
Hey @Pat6969
What cab did you end up with?

finnster

Gold Supporting Member
For FRFR it’s hard to beat the Atomic CLR.

For a lightweight 2x12 that sounds great, try a Matrix NL212. I used to gig one with my AxeFx and a Matrix GT800 power amp. It was a great rig. BUT....I have gone back to real amps. Currently using a PT-15 from Suhr. Amazing amp and if you choose, you can just go direct with the built in IR’s....and use a cab or not at the same time.

glanum3

I played modern country and typically use the matchstick jumped model and I have fallen for the York audio IR. I love their 2x12 matchless but I’m a huge fan of 2x12 cabs. Can’t speak to the Friedman FRFR as I do direct to Foh and inears.

chrisjnyc

Silver Supporting Member
Hi, I recently started playing with a rock-country crossover original/covers to pay the bills band...I use a helix through a friedman frfr most of time, but i went back to putting my helix through my dt amp because especially with this project i cant seem to find the right ir(i have a good amount, and also make my own in my spare time) to capture that lightly overdriven yet powerful tone...The dt is just blowing it out of the water....If anyone uses a similar sound and could point me in a right direction, i would love to explore it....Thank you
Whats the model of the DT amp? What speakers?

madmarcus1960

Silver Supporting Member
Own 2 ASM-12s that I've used with AXE 3 and a KPA. Heavy as hell, but love the sound. I only have used them in a home studio setting though.

madmarcus1960

Silver Supporting Member
I also own 2 Tech 21 PEDDs that I got goood results with using the KPA, when the AXE3 married the ASAM's.

Trending Topics