Friedman hate?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Chance Terrill, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Chance Terrill

Chance Terrill Member

Why is it every time I read a thread about Friedman, three posts in there is someone saying they are over priced wannabe marshalls with no cut, too bland, only sounds good by its self etc...... Seems like 3 years ago everyone loved them, now if u like one your just a rich fanboy who drank the Kool aid....... Fwiw I just bought one and I'm fing broke. By no means rich and I also am, if anything, a Marshall fan boy, I bought one and tried so hard to love it but just couldn't get passed only liking it, i just figured I only live once and I'd rather spend my time playing then then tweaking knobs....... Anyways why so much hate? Just people tired of other people hyping them?

2. Chance Terrill

Chance Terrill Member

**** it who cares..... People gonna hate...... Hell 99 percent of people hate Gibson les Paul's n to me there is no better guitar for versatility and all around tone and playability/construction

3. JCantrell

JCantrell Member

o_O

stonem, jens5, DaveLizmi and 9 others like this.
  4. Chance Terrill

Chance Terrill Member

At a 2500 price range anyways.

5. Chance Terrill

Chance Terrill Member

I love them. I'd take a 2500 dollar lp over a prs custom 24 anyday

Classic09, DaveLizmi, gmann and 5 others like this.
  6. Kilometers Davis

Kilometers Davis Member

I don’t have much experience outside of the Dirty Shirley pedal which I thought was a great MIAB style dirt. Problem is things get hyped, then the tones don’t work for someone, then they look at the price tag and brew ten tons of hateraid. Pretty ****ing sad really.

7. Ryno1331

Ryno1331 Supporting Member

Ease up Chance. Don't take negative comments to heart. Life's to short.

And for the record I've read overwhelmingly positive comments regarding Friedman products and Dave's support for many years. I've owned a bunch of Friedman stuff and it is all killer and Dave has personally answered numerous emails with questions.

But I also accept that they are a little different than Marshalls, which is most often a good thing but some people don't like that. But who cares, liking Marshalls more surely isn't wrong either.

8. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

9. madhermit

madhermit Supporting Member

Not my experience at all.

99%? That is just ridiculous hyperbole.

I think you are tilting at windmills. Delete this thread and focus on the positive stuff in life. Just because people type an opinion online doesn’t mean they have any idea what they are talking about.

10. NorCal_Val

NorCal_Val Member

Can’t afford a Friedman amp(2 kids in college!), but I’m digging my Friedman 4x12 I picked up a couple of weeks ago.

Gig Young, Laurence and QRSS like this.
  11. jimijimmyjeffy

jimijimmyjeffy Member

Some people like real Marshalls better which is understandable. But there are always a few who post negative stuff. I like both Marshalls and Friedmans. And Fenders, and Voxes. And smaller companies that make clones. I rarely hate anything. It all makes sounds useful to someone. So I generally don't relate to gear hate threads, unless it's something bad, like none if it works at all.

But there are a few Friedman trolls who post the same dislike of them in lots of threads, which makes things look worse than they are. Some of them are so offended by some double entendre amp names they can't ever let it go.

There are also Klon trolls, univibe trolls, cable trolls and Dumble trolls. Those threads are often enough train wrecks.

Part of it is the popularity backlash.

And I think some read kind of hip negative opinions and spread them without even really believing them. They feel complaining makes them cool.

But yeah, this thread is potentially needlessly frustrating as it's kinda asking for negativity.

A lot of people get totally bent out of shape about the harmless writing on a Klon too. Gear snarkiness is a thing I guess.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  12. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

you are just a poor fanboy who drank the Kool aid!!! :D:p

13. Dusty_Dave

Dusty_Dave Member

Got a Friedman JJ Jnr....i love the sh@t out of that amp!

biter, JukeBoxRat and Vaibhav Joshi like this.
  14. Yamaha 350

Yamaha 350 Member

Who cares what they say. I dislike nitro but love guitars that has nitro on it. So If some one hates a amplifier ignore it.

15. Vaibhav Joshi

Vaibhav Joshi Member

Said to be the best of the lineup.. Enjoy the $hit out of that amp

16. Vaibhav Joshi

Vaibhav Joshi Member

You know when I hate a Friedman amp??
    When it's kept on top of a Bogner.. ;)
    That's too much fun for one person.

Abram4235, 2pods, lizardking and 5 others like this.
  17. Echoplexi

Echoplexi Silver Supporting Member

Friedman amps are excellent. Don’t take any negative BS here to heart too much. You love yours (for good reason), that’s the true test. I’ll bet a lot of negative posters haven’t even played one.

18. Chance Terrill

Chance Terrill Member

I know.

jimijimmyjeffy likes this.
  19. Chance Terrill

Chance Terrill Member

. But more like a poorer fanboy;)....... But **** u should see the crap I take for owning a bow tech

Darbarian and macmax77 like this.
  20. Chance Terrill

Chance Terrill Member

It's more then just Friedman though, it really is everything, seems like a thread makes it a page if it's lucky before people start condemning it...... Then usually an argument between two posters occurs an lasts a a page or two......which is funny to read sometimes but frustrating I'd your trying to collect experience

CJReaper likes this.