Friedman hate?

Why is it every time I read a thread about Friedman, three posts in there is someone saying they are over priced wannabe marshalls with no cut, too bland, only sounds good by its self etc...... Seems like 3 years ago everyone loved them, now if u like one your just a rich fanboy who drank the Kool aid....... Fwiw I just bought one and I'm fing broke. By no means rich and I also am, if anything, a Marshall fan boy, I bought one and tried so hard to love it but just couldn't get passed only liking it, i just figured I only live once and I'd rather spend my time playing then then tweaking knobs....... Anyways why so much hate? Just people tired of other people hyping them?

Ryno1331

Supporting Member
Ease up Chance. Don't take negative comments to heart. Life's to short.

And for the record I've read overwhelmingly positive comments regarding Friedman products and Dave's support for many years. I've owned a bunch of Friedman stuff and it is all killer and Dave has personally answered numerous emails with questions.

But I also accept that they are a little different than Marshalls, which is most often a good thing but some people don't like that. But who cares, liking Marshalls more surely isn't wrong either.

madhermit

Why is it every time I read a thread about Friedman, three posts in there is someone saying they are over priced wannabe marshalls with no cut, too bland, only sounds good by its self etc......
Not my experience at all.

**** it who cares..... People gonna hate...... Hell 99 percent of people hate Gibson les Paul's n to me there is no better guitar for versatility and all around tone and playability/construction
99%? That is just ridiculous hyperbole.

I think you are tilting at windmills. Delete this thread and focus on the positive stuff in life. Just because people type an opinion online doesn’t mean they have any idea what they are talking about.

Some people like real Marshalls better which is understandable. But there are always a few who post negative stuff. I like both Marshalls and Friedmans. And Fenders, and Voxes. And smaller companies that make clones. I rarely hate anything. It all makes sounds useful to someone. So I generally don't relate to gear hate threads, unless it's something bad, like none if it works at all.

But there are a few Friedman trolls who post the same dislike of them in lots of threads, which makes things look worse than they are. Some of them are so offended by some double entendre amp names they can't ever let it go.

There are also Klon trolls, univibe trolls, cable trolls and Dumble trolls. Those threads are often enough train wrecks.

Part of it is the popularity backlash.

And I think some read kind of hip negative opinions and spread them without even really believing them. They feel complaining makes them cool.

But yeah, this thread is potentially needlessly frustrating as it's kinda asking for negativity.

A lot of people get totally bent out of shape about the harmless writing on a Klon too. Gear snarkiness is a thing I guess.

Last edited:

Yamaha 350

Who cares what they say. I dislike nitro but love guitars that has nitro on it. So If some one hates a amplifier ignore it.

Vaibhav Joshi

Why is it every time I read a thread about Friedman, three posts in there is someone saying they are over priced wannabe marshalls with no cut, too bland, only sounds good by its self etc...... Seems like 3 years ago everyone loved them, now if u like one your just a rich fanboy who drank the Kool aid....... Fwiw I just bought one and I'm fing broke. By no means rich and I also am, if anything, a Marshall fan boy, I bought one and tried so hard to love it but just couldn't get passed only liking it, i just figured I only live once and I'd rather spend my time playing then then tweaking knobs....... Anyways why so much hate? Just people tired of other people hyping them?
You know when I hate a Friedman amp??
When it's kept on top of a Bogner.. ;)
That's too much fun for one person.

It's more then just Friedman though, it really is everything, seems like a thread makes it a page if it's lucky before people start condemning it...... Then usually an argument between two posters occurs an lasts a a page or two......which is funny to read sometimes but frustrating I'd your trying to collect experience

Trending Topics