Friedman JJ-Jr.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by nicolasrivera, Jan 24, 2019.

1. starvingartist

starvingartist Member

Your experience may be different with a different cab. A 4x12 is all I’ve got at the moment. Around 8 o’clock it’s fairly quiet. It also doesn’t sound like the amp. A touch past 9 o’clock and it starts to open up, and you’re definitely past bedroom volume at that point. No idea what people’s experience may be like with a 1x12 cab.

2. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Supporting Member

anyone play the JJ jr? How loud is it? I know the OG JJ is crazy loud, but not sure about 20 watts.

3. Always-Ben

Always-Ben Supporting Member

Question...Can the gain on the JJ Jr be dialed down to say, that one tone the PT-20 is best known for?

4. PureNoise

PureNoise Silver Supporting Member

7 days out until it arrives for me... Positive Angst.

5. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Member

6. brain-eating amoeba

brain-eating amoeba Member

Played with my band using JJ Jr & Runt 20 combo, had volume at 1.5 tops & singer asked me to turn down--lol

some of our music;

ericb, PBGas, jguitarslim and 3 others like this.
  7. mrwhipple

mrwhipple Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

8. steam boat

steam boat Member

Who else is using these?

9. Bryan29

Bryan29 Member

You guys are NOT helping me in my quest to pay off my green Charvel Satchel and then buy this....

Add in the fact that I am still reeling from seeing AIC live two weeks ago, and my wallet is eyeing me with much suspicion.

By the way, if you haven't seen Jerry live yet, get out there. Easily one of the best live tones I've ever heard.

10. Jim S

Jim S Gold Supporting Member

Redundant to have both ...relatively? (This is TGP).

11. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Member

Yes. I believe so. Both great little amps that sound much larger than they are. Both have a lot to offer.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Jim S likes this.
  12. FlamesAreWicked

FlamesAreWicked Supporting Member

Placed my order wity Sweetwater to have one sent my way... once they get the next load of them in ... supposed to be toward the end of the month.

13. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Supporting Member

Can you rest the JJ Jr head on a vertical 2x12 cab? How far apart are the rubber feet on the bottom?

14. Evil Z06

Evil Z06 Member

From center to center of the rubber feet it is 13 inches

><--> likes this.
  15. gibletpie

gibletpie Member

I reserved one with Sweetwater just after these first came out and they told me about the same thing. Said it would be about 3 weeks. They called me exactly 3 weeks later and told me it would still be "about 3-4 more weeks." But that I would get one off that "first truck." That was 6 weeks ago. Not a word. I'm beginning to think the Sweetwater reps just promise around 3 weeks by default, no matter how much time it's actually going to take, or how long their waiting list is. Or possibly they just forgot my order somehow, though that seems less likely. This is not the first time this has happened.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  16. PBGas

PBGas Supporting Member

Pretty sure there is the second order coming up soon. Hopefully you get it soon! It is so worth it!

gibletpie likes this.
  17. gibletpie

gibletpie Member

Good to know! I'm not used to delivery taking long enough to make me start doubting myself and thinking I should be more responsible. :D

18. PBGas

PBGas Supporting Member

When I got mine back in June, I ended up getting it from my friend Rob at Tone Merchants. Absolutely super guy! He held it for me. I was deciding whether to get the combo as he had one last one of those in stock as well but he told me the head was a better setup and you could use whatever cab you wanted with it. He had said that they had sold out of the first round and they were quickly selling out of the second round of them due towards mid-late August.

Either way, worth waiting for!

19. FlamesAreWicked

I normally just wait till they have it in stock before I order something but these have been selling out quickly so I gave it a shot. What the rep told me was the end of August.. and he told me that during the last week of July... let’s hope it’s soon.

gibletpie likes this.
  20. FlamesAreWicked

These amps can do high gain tones really well and nearly all of the video demos of them show off that aspect..

Being the BE voicing is the core of it... anyone have any videos doing some stuff with just the BE mode??

Guess I’ve watched most of the videos on it on YouTube and wanna see more lol.