Friedman JJ Jr

sheikyerbouti

Supporting Member
Why do I look at this damn amp forum thread :)

It does sound pretty neat. I miss my Smallbox. I did a shoot out of my 76 JMP, Metroplex, and Smallbox, when I had all 3. They were all pretty close, but I ended up keeping the metro since it was the newer one and sounded fantastic. Should have kept them all.

Mark Shumaker

Supporting Member
The demos of this I’ve watched are killer and making me really want to pick up one of these. One of them said though that the efx loop does not pass on to the direct out. Is this true? So none of your effects in the loop would be heard if running direct? Doesn’t make sense.

PBGas

Supporting Member
The demos of this I’ve watched are killer and making me really want to pick up one of these. One of them said though that the efx loop does not pass on to the direct out. Is this true? So none of your effects in the loop would be heard if running direct? Doesn’t make sense.
See my reply to you at Rig Talk. Absolute B.S. I just wonder who makes this stuff up! It all works as I just tried it to verify with my board in the loop and ran it through the direct out.

Enjoy if you get one! It is a fantastic amp!

kebotrans

Gold Supporting Member
Sold mine after about a week. The volume drop between modes was to much. Purchased a M Zero Mezzabarba and my Waza Tube Amp Expander. Once you get the TAE no need for low wattage anymore. Best piece of kit in years.

PBGas

Supporting Member
Sold mine after about a week. The volume drop between modes was to much. Purchased a M Zero Mezzabarba and my Waza Tube Amp Expander. Once you get the TAE no need for low wattage anymore. Best piece of kit in years.
Totally agree! The Waza is great! Don’t need a big amp anymore. The poweramp on it is outstanding!

Gallery

Supporting Member
But the modes aren't footswitchable. so it's not like you're doing this live. In order to switch modes you need to go to the controls so why not flick the switch and turn up the volume?

I guess I could understand it being an issue if you were footswitching live, but that's not what it was designed for.

macmax77

Supporting Member
I need a small amp. After I move (yes, again#$%^&*) I might get one.

Or a Joat20

kebotrans

Gold Supporting Member
But the modes aren't footswitchable. so it's not like you're doing this live. In order to switch modes you need to go to the controls so why not flick the switch and turn up the volume?

I guess I could understand it being an issue if you were footswitching live, but that's not what it was designed for.
You are correct on that. I just did not care for it enough to keep it over other things I have. That was just one of the items I did not like.

Trending Topics