Friedman Pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Brenna23, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Brenna23

Brenna23 Member

Does anyone make a pedal with a sound that sounds like a BE or pink taco or SS. Or does Friedman make one that is not the price of a Porsche?

2. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

Friedman doesn't make pedals that I'm aware of. I was just thinking how cool it would be if Friedman released a BE pedal, much like the Bogner Blue and Red pedals. Like just 5 minutes ago, while I was playing my JJ100. It could have the BE mode, HBE mode with xtra volume control, all the switches that come on the BE for different sounds... Just like the Bogner pedals.

3. jdel77

jdel77 Silver Supporting Member

But how different would it be to other high gain Marshall style pedals?

4. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Friedman had a role in the Tone Freak Naked OD, FWIW.

5. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

As the person who posted the Red vs Uber vs Jouster thread, I imagine you can appreciate how the small differences are what makes one pedal preferred over the others.

It would be something if Friedman could capture that feel of their amps in a pedal.

6. jdel77

jdel77 Silver Supporting Member

True, but I haven't really connected with the sound of Friedman amps, which I think can be approximated with a vintage DS-1 or Emma Reezafratzitz going into a British style flat mids amp. That thread was for specifically those pedals.

7. effectsman

effectsman Supporting Member

I'd wondered aloud the same question in a couple of MIAB pedal threads. Was told Dave Friedman had been asked the question about building pedals but had ruled it out.

I'd love to buy a BE/HBE in a box.

8. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

Dave had a big role as we sat together and tweaked the circuit with a '68 Plexi in his old shop before Tone Merchants. Same circuit today.

sickboy79 likes this.
  9. Gas Hed

Gas Hed Member

Try the Mesa Throttle Box on orange. Compressed tone that can be made to sound British. Me likes it a lot.

10. sutherland

sutherland Supporting Member

Yup. I believe he worked with Derek on the Naked and Buff Puff. We don't see/hear too much from Derek these days on TGP, but he always made great, well priced pedals.

11. Bentayuk

Bentayuk Supporting Member

12. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

Thanks! With facebook, instagram, and my website, it's never been easier to see what I'm up to. But, I also need to make time to write on the forums from time to time, especially TGP. You'll see more of me around here. Thanks again for the compliment!