Friedman Pink Taco expiriences

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by StriderHND, Mar 12, 2015.

1. StriderHND

StriderHND Member

Hello!

I need a little help here, i'm very interested in the Friedman PT, and you kwon it's a pretty good cash on this little amp. but the tones i've heard on Youtube are pretty awesome, i can't go to a store and try the amp because i live outside US also i've read good and bad things about the amp.

If there is any owner about this cool amp please share your experience :)

Thanks

Erick

2. Red_Label

Red_Label Supporting Member

I had one for a day or two. A buddy and I went in together on it and it shipped to me. I ended-up letting him buy me out. Which isn't any kind of commentary on the amp. It was a great amp! Had great tone. Very rich. And it was plenty loud. The one thing that it didn't have was the low-end grunt and girth that the 50-100 watters have. That was what was missing for me (as it does in most/all lunchboxes). I had a 50-watt Ceriatone Chupacabra on the way at the time, so I let him have the Friedman. He digs it. He's waiting for the right deal on a new-model BE right now. That's the amp that both of us have been curious about. In fact, I think I'll post up a thread looking for a nice used one for sale right now while I'm thinking about it.

3. StriderHND

StriderHND Member

Hi Red,

Thanks for sharing. the lack of the Low end may the cab/speakers do you use, can you share what cab do you use?

4. Red_Label

Red_Label Supporting Member

I was running it into a V30 loaded Line 6 4x12 straight cab. I have two of them and they are plenty thumpy. As thumpy as my.old Marshall 1960Bs, and slightly less so than my Bogner Uberkab. My Ceriatone Chupacabra and JTM 45 are much bigger sounding than the Taco (especially the JTM). So is my Fender Supersonic Twin combo (2xV30s). My Egnater Rebel 20 and H&K Grandmeister heads sound to be of similar size as the Taco into the 4x12s. It's a low-powered lunchbox deal. Plenty of volume for anything. Just not the hard-hitting punch, girth and headroom of the 50-120 watt amps. Just the nature of the beast. For most.players, that's fine. I've just gotten too used to being able to throw-out tight-bottomed, concussive mayhem.