Friedman Small Box combo MV?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MontyW, Feb 24, 2015.

1. MontyW

MontyW Supporting Member

I really fancy a Small Box combo... these are quite rare in the UK so are hard to get to play/try before you buy.

I'd like to know how good is the MV on this amp? Yes, I do play at bedroom levels at home so I'd need to know if it can play at low volumes when I need it to, but its main role will be to get out there and gig, so I will be able to dime it:)

2. A-Mags

A-Mags Supporting Member

Friedman has the best MV in the market IMO. You can get the best tone out of a hot rodded Marshall at below tv volume

3. MontyW

MontyW Supporting Member

4. A-Mags

A-Mags Supporting Member

No prob, I've always said every other manufacturer should incorporate his MV design, even if they had to pay for it...it's unreal
    First time I played the BE100 I couldn't believe the tone, at ANY volume...
    it's instant gratification
    FWIW I believe the BE to be a superior amp to the Smallbox, by a large margin, cleans are better, crunch is better, full hairy mode is baffling good, just like the sound of every rock recording thats in our heads

5. MontyW

MontyW Supporting Member

I'd love a BE100 but it's just not practical for me at the moment. I need something a little bit more portable, hence the combo. My 4x12 days are long behind me!

Great hear that you like your 100 so much and I have to confess from what I've heard it one of the most amazing sounding amps.