• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Friedman Smallbox and boost / overdrive pedals

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
Man, I'd like to try one of these, especially given TNJ's words. I would imagine an Exotic EP Booster would have to work well as a little goose for one of these - they aren't expensive in the used market and can be easily flipped if you don't like it.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Fair enough.
If you get a chance, try this amp, and use it without pedals.
It will amaze, at least it did me, how much gain I had control over
with only my right hand on the guitar.

S.
j
Im with you.
No pedals needed.

JiMB

One of the many Klones work great with M style dirty tones. The mids are just right on the pedal for pushing the guitar forward in a mix.

bradtfw

Silver Supporting Member
I have sent my DS back to Friedman to add a switch that reduces the overall gain of the amp by around 80% so I can have the option of using pedals.
Did you get your Dirty Shirley back from Friedman? I'm interested to hear if the gain switch reduces the gain on both channels or just the low input channel. Thanks!

Edawterb

I'm using a barber tone press and a bb in the front of my smallbox. Gain on the bb about 8 oclock with eq flat. With single coils it's total keith Urban territory on the plexi channel. This frickin amp is kick ass. So far I've found country tones to AC/DC on the plexi channel. Haven't even broken out my Les Paul yet....just wow. Incidentally, I'm not sure if I like a timmy in the front end or not. The BB works great to push the BE channel over the top for lead work.

Top Bottom