Friend looking for a travel guitar

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by jeffrey827, Feb 22, 2009.

1. jeffrey827

jeffrey827 Member

hi my friend is looking for a travel guitar preferably under 500$ or just a full size guitar but with a really small body.
    thanks

2. msr13

msr13 Member

I am on airplanes weekly and wanted a decent, indestructible guitar I would never have to check, and would enjoy playing. I tried tons of different options and settled on the Traveler Guitar MK-II. http://www.travelerguitar.com/. I play jazz, fingerpick, and folk. The guitar is good enough to practice with, and uses headphones. It also is good enough when I take lessons away from home. Of course, I miss my Bourgeois, my Collings, and my PRS, but there is no way I am going travel with them. This works and works well. I paid $450. Good luck.

3. jcotten

jcotten Member

4. Lawn Jockey

Lawn Jockey Member

Baby Taylor, Taylor Big Baby, Tacoma Papoose, Little Martin, Larrivee Parlor, Washburn Parlor, or Blueridge Parlor.

5. lagomorphian

lagomorphian Member

I've got one of the original Pro Series Traveler guitars with the detachable lap rest, and I don't recommend it because it's hard to position comfortably, even with a strap. The MK-IIs look like they'd be much more playable shape.