Fripp is back at it. And I have to say...

John Quinn

They're clearly having fun and at 75, Fripp's a pretty lucky guy.
Luck has never been part of Fripp's Success. I think the Sunday Brunch Videos are stupid, funny, weird, and feel like I'm hanging out with my weirdo Uncle and Aunt - IOWs I thoroughly enjoy these moments of 'Performance Art running Amuck'.

And for those of you thinking the two need money - the last I heard was that Fripp & Wilcox have about $20 million banked. I don't know about Wilcox - but Fripp has always been known
as frugal - and since at least since 1978 required total abstinence in King Crimson and most projects he's worked in. Like anyone who doesn't drink or drug he didn't widdle his money away foolishly. He is a very healthy man which can be partly attributed to being a Pescetarian.

Last edited:

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
this is funny! love the idea of: hanging out with my weirdo Uncle and Aunt (which i never had!!!)
and this is GOLD: 'Performance Art running Amuck'.

i remember reading some interview w/ Fripp long ago, it was a period he was in the US and touring, and he must have been having success, etc, and he made the comment that he decided that while he was on tour in the US, that he would do his own laundry and not have others do it for him.....that strikes me as someone who is very practical (sounds like my mom actually), and i'm sure he didn't spend money foolishly!!

Luck has never been part of Fripp's Success. I think the Sunday Brunch Videos are stupid, funny, weird, and feel like I'm hanging out with my weirdo Uncle and Aunt - IOWs I thoroughly enjoy these moments of 'Performance Art running Amuck'.

And for those of you thinking the two need money - the last I heard was that Fripp & Wilcox have about $20 million banked. I don't know about Wilcox - but Fripp has always been known
as frugal - and since at least 1978 required total abstinence in King Crimson and most projects he's worked in. Like anyone who doesn't drink or drug he didn't widdle his money away foolishly. He is a very healthy man which can be partly attributed to being a Pescetarian.

RanaldoNecro

as frugal - and since at least since 1978 required total abstinence in King Crimson and most projects he's worked in. Like anyone who doesn't drink or drug he didn't widdle his money away foolishly. He is a very healthy man which can be partly attributed to being a Pescetarian.
He's English, he just didn't want to become a celebrity. It's not in his vocabulary.

Trending Topics