Frisell, Ribot, Rigby Podcasts Now On Bandcamp

aram

Hey all,

I've put some podcasts that I made a few years back up on Bandcamp for free download.
Enjoy! And please support these artists and also all the musicians who play with them in different bands during this time, if you are able. So many bands are losing tours, and the side-musicians who support the leaders are also out of work. Oftentimes, they create great music too, so check it out!

"Aram Bajakian speaks with fellow guitarists Bill Frisell, Marc Ribot and Paul Rigby about all sorts of things. As band camp doesn't allow large file uploads, each interview is cut in half. This was originally intended to be a larger series with me interviewing a whole slew of guitarists, but it didn't end up happening, so we have just these three. But they're pretty great!

These interviews are free to download but I urge you all to please go check out the music of these artists. And also, perhaps even more importantly, as lots of side musicians are losing work right now, check out the music of the musicians each artist employs in their bands. For example, if you check out Marc Ribot's band Ceramic Dog, learn about it's drummer, Ches Smith, who has a great band with pianist Craig Taborn and violist Mat Maneri. They have an album on ECM that's wonderful. Then check out Craig and Mat's music which is wonderful. And support their music with $$$$ is you're able. Thanks! Aram"
https://arambajakian.bandcamp.com/album/podcasts-interviews-with-frisell-ribot-rigby
https://arambajakian.bandcamp.com/album/podcasts-interviews-with-frisell-ribot-rigby

GA20T

Thanks man. Love Marc, and I need to dive deeper into the work of some of those he's worked with.

aram

yes yes yes! good to see some downloads and listen these past few days. hope you're all enjoying them.

A.Maiah

Thanks Aram! I love Ribot and Frisell. Checking out the musicians that work with your favourite ones is a great way to discover new and exciting music. I saw Ches Smith around 10 years ago in my hometown. He did a solo tour with Picore, a great band from Zaragoza (Spain) who i can call my friends ever since. The gig was great and it was later that i found out he was playing with Ribot.
I´ll go listen to those podcasts right now.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom