From DVD to Transcribe software???

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by projam619, Feb 17, 2012.

1. projam619

projam619 Member

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to technology, so I have a question thats probably dumb. :huh How can I use transcribing software (I have Transcribe!) for DVDs??

2. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

Funny you should ask because Roni Music (ronimusic.com) has software to slow down DVD's. I haven't tried it yet.
    You can also slow down video with Quicktime if you have it in a standard format.

3. RLD

RLD Member

I believe Transcribe! uses MP4 files for video.
    So you'd have to convert your DVD files to MP4's for them to be manipulated in Transcribe.

4. JonR

JonR Member

Yes, Transcribe will work with MP4 or MOV files, so your DVD would need to be converted to one or the other.

5. projam619

projam619 Member

6. Guitarchitecture

Guitarchitecture Member

Assuming that you own the DVD (as I don't advocate piracy) - I'd recommend handbrake

http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Works really well on mac - and you can convert even individual chapters of dvds to quicktime files (If the dvd doesn't have encryption/copy protection).

If the DVD's encrypted/protected - you may have to use a ripper program (like Mac The Ripper or something similar) to make a disc image of the DVD on your hard drive and then use handbrake to convert it.

Again - this advice assumes that you own the disc in question and that you live somewhere where this type of conversion is legal.

But yes - I've done this with several dvds that I own and transcribe handles the quicktime files very well.