From the Well-Hung StrapLab

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by TVvoodoo, Jun 22, 2016.

1. TVvoodoo

TVvoodoo Mad Strappier Silver Supporting Member

Some new amp grill straps now up on in my reverb store, if you are into this sort of thing.
    Light, strong, crazy cool. These straps pretty much scream shameless "Gear Whore"
    THICK leather here. Probably outlast you, my friend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AceBSpankin likes this.
  2. TVvoodoo

For anyone who is perhaps into playing/sharing original music, I have a "Seasonal Song Contest" up now where you could win a Guitar strap direct from my workshop (the elves are on it right now!).
    I will probably be adding mine in too, but I won't be including myself in the final judging. I do these to encourage people to share, play original music and it's a great way to stretch yourself.

First submission is in - and it's a very cool instrumental!

Here is the link to the rules and the place where you can submit your songs - http://www.aguitarforum.com/threads/make-us-a-joyful-noise-song-contest.97703/

3. TVvoodoo

Been distracted by a NGD for a few days but now it's time to get back to work.

[​IMG]

Leather lacing is done (my fingers are killing me!) , now to paint the white stripes, add the League crests, pad 'em out, and put the backing on and sew them together into
    one whole comfy unit. Sounds easy, probably take me a couple weeks, oh and make the tail straps too.

Really sweet genuine football leather body here. There will only be 10 in existence in the whole wide world.
    I have mine and one other forum member "Da Bears" Fan has his already (with team crest added), I believe he digs it quite a lot.

if anyone wants one, I'll be reverbing these as blanks in december, you can put your own team pin on it or something.

and.... small edit.. lines painted!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  4. TVvoodoo

Just in time for the playoffs these are now up on reverb

[​IMG]

Quite fantastic, actually. photos are strategic due to strategic strategy, because of sewn
    on crest patches of a league that rhymes with Senagal. You add your team button, or metal pin.

Just THE perfect strap if you happen to be booked for the big half-time show. :rimshot or not.

Very long straps - line-backer sized, I guess. 47" - 58" or so. padded, real leather, TOUCHDOWN!

[​IMG]

also got these on the machine right now - skull embossed, gunmetal, with black ends... oh MY! VERY dark!
    Calling it my Genocide series.

[​IMG]

AceBSpankin likes this.
  5. TVvoodoo

Reverbded a few new Shock & Awe slings, individually numbered in series. One of my more popular straps over past years.
    NOS military cotton webbing in 3" wide, padded shoulder, unique double D-ring adjustment allows these to go long.

#32 "This is my Guitar. There are many like it, but this one is mine..."

[​IMG]

#33 and #34 are rather rare Black Ops editions.

6. TVvoodoo

Added a couple of new ones tonight, another of the already-shown Champagne & Guinness series, this time with a twist.
    Changed it up a bit with an experiment. Built the new set of four from a wide / strong YOGA-mat base, all sewn together then
    added heavy duty leather ends. The result is pretty spectacular. Elegant raised damask pattern, teeny sexy gold bits in it too.

[​IMG]

Also added a new one... a couple of my "Narcos" series. Found a cool mexi-blanket, and proceeded to cut the heck out of it
    and make some of the most pleasurable slings I've ever crafted (and I've made hundreds of straps with comfort as a main focus!).
    I've been watching for Mexican blankets all over the place now, because I will definitely have to make more.

[​IMG]

The secret behind the extreme comfort with these I think is a magical combination...

1. The blanket feels like home on the shoulder
    2. I added foam padding inside, crazy me.
    3. The whole strap has about 1.5 inches of "give" to it - acts like an on-board shock absorber,
    but they don't feel all "twangy."

Why Narcos? Obvious South of the border connection, but also because they feel way too good to be legal.
    3 in 3" wide, 3 in 2.5" wide.

Check 'em out, if you happen to be seeking the only the highest possible level of strappin' comfort.