Frustrated with my Lambda!!!

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Docgab, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Docgab

Docgab Member

I am a total newbie when it comes to recording. I think that I have followed the instructions to the letter. I bought a Lambda digital recorder a few days ago. Installed the software on my laptop, plugged in through the USP port, hooked up my passive mic to phantom power. I get signal, as judged by the meter on the front of the Lambda. I have gone throught he record instructions 10 or more times setting each tab as instructed.

Hit record, play a little and nothing happens. My computer does not capture anything. The USP port works, as the Lambda draws power from it.

My laptop is a few years old but superceeded all of the requirements listed in the instructions for the Lambda.

Any thoughts or words of wisdom? I imagine that it is something simple but how frustrating:FM.

2. stevel

stevel Member

It seems like the Lambda is fine.

The problem is in your recording software settings. But you didn't tell us what software you're using or what type of OS you have - this is important information.

One (or more) of three things is likely:
    1. You don't have Lambda selected as the input source. Cubase LE comes with the Lambda - are you using it? If so, you should be able to select "Mic 1" from the Input selection for a track. If "Mic 1" or "Lambda Mic 1" or words to that effect are not available as an input option, then...

2. The software you're using doesn't know you want to use the Lambda as your input/output device. In Cubase you make these settings in the Devices menu. When I installed these on some Macs, I found I had to choose a driver that was "#2" rather than the more obvious #1. I forget the exact name but you need to check where your ASIO driver settings are and make sure the Lambda is selected as the device. If the Lambda is not available as a device selection, then...

3. Your computer does not recognize the Lambda. That's a driver issue. Always make sure you have the latest or correct driver. It *should* be OK but this is a common problem area.

If you provide some more specific information, it will be easier to troubleshoot.

Steve

3. Docgab

Docgab Member

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the info. My computer is running Windows XP. I have installed Cubase LE on my laptop, it boots up and seems to run without difficulty. I will check to make sure that the driver is selected, hopefully that is the problem.

Thanks Again.

4. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

You probably need to check your routing in Cubase.

5. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

make sure the phantom power is on(on the back)too.