Frustration Finding Tech 21 Character Series

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by redpill, Apr 23, 2008.

1. redpill

redpill Member

Well, they are finally out, but not really. I can find all but the Liverpool (the one I want most) at Musictoyz. Other vendors seem happy to take my money and have me wait until July for my item.

Anyone know where to find a Liverpool?

2. tubetone74

tubetone74 Supporting Member

I ran across the same thing. Seems like they all should be available before July if just introduced at NAMM. It will build some anticipation that might translate into better sales you think?

3. cochese

cochese Supporting Member

Rudy's and Matt Umanov guitars in New York City has them.

4. DaBlizzardofOz

DaBlizzardofOz Member

I've seen a few on ebay, but not the liverpool. If anyone actually gets their hands on one of these things, post a review please. I sense a lot of interest in these things, but I dont know anyone that's actually gotten to play one

5. redpill

redpill Member

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

Ordered the Blonde from Musictoyz, and just got the Liverpool new from ebay. Here's hoping both deliver in a reasonable time frame.

6. drolling

drolling Member

Clips???!

I ran into a similar situation after hearing Henry Kaiser demo-ing the AmericanWoman pedal.. Local stores only carry the SanAmp line. None of the other Tech21 products!:jo:NUTS:BITCH:puh..

Guess I'll have to order from Toyz, as I did last time

thanks for the heads-up!!

7. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

I have both the Liverpool and the British. One I bought off of eBay (the British I think) the other I got from toyz. They are extremely versatile pedals that will cater to the tweakers out there. All of the controls are very sensitive and highly interactive. They are little trickier than most to dial in (though the cheat sheet helps some) as a little movement in any control can yield great changes in tone/gain and can affect the settings of other controls. They are not true bypass, but the buffer seems to be a good one though I didn't really do a bypass test. I think the Liverpool is my favorite, but the British has got some great tones as well. You could spend an afternoon with one pedal and still be finding different and useable tones, but then they are easy to get crappy tones out of as well - that's the price for the versatility. I think they may be more useful in the studio where you could take the time to tweak them and dial them in - I'd be afraid live of bumping a knob or two and ending up in a parallel dimension.

Oddly the other one that I’m interested in is the California. The clips I’ve heard absolutely suck as the guy was demoting a drop-tuned, knuckle dragging Neanderthal Dual-Recto sound, but if it can truly grok the Mesa Mark I or Mark II lead tone that would be cool! And don’t say the MI Audio Tube Zone – I had two versions of that and couldn’t find a sound in either one that was anything like my old Mark I.

8. redpill

redpill Member

http://tech21nyc.com/sounds/character_sounds/CS_California.mp3

That's a non-knuckle-dragger clip. :)

9. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

10. redpill

redpill Member

Yeah, his clip with the Fendery "Blonde" pedal is especially useless.