Frustration-new tune/new drummer!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by vladorg, Sep 7, 2005.

1. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Here's a new tune we recently recorded with our new drummer who I personally dig a lot.The tune I wrote during the frustrating period of searching for a new drummer thus the title.On this particular take we started fooling around with some pseudo swing(so don't judge that) and the riff from "Money".The song itself starts at about 2:20.Guitar sounds are all suhr Classic S into Fuchs 50 SLX into THD 2X12".Hope you guys dig it:

Frustration

Thanks,

Vlad

2. lhallam

lhallam Member

Nice work Vlad. Congrats on finding a drummer. Let me know if you play a club or something in the area.

3. Marcello

Marcello Member

excellent playing, tone is creamy !

4. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

Sounds great, Vlad. I love trios with high-improv content, so I always bump your clips to the top of my list of TGP clips I'm trying to listen to.

Not as much group improv on this one (I think) but a great composition.

5. hemlock

hemlock Guest

Very cool. Excellent toneI especially like the way the drummer breathes but has such a great pocket, too.

6. vladorg

Thank you for checking it out,guys!

Lance,it's coming around soon and I'll definitely let you know when we gig.

Marcello,thanks for the compliments,man-tone is more like fine Swiss chocolate to me :D !

RH,I thought you are coming down this summer and we were gonna jam?!?Anyways,thanks for listening,you're right about the tune-this one is definitely more structured.

Hemlock,thanks for the kind words,tone is largely due to the Scott's special tweaks(I'd like to think they're special for me,but I know he does 'em for everyone:p ).

Vlad

7. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

I was down a couple of times, but only overnight. Work has been so busy I basically don't get out of the house except to check the mailbox.

Not to mention being badly out of practice. :)

8. PacoCasanovas

PacoCasanovas Member

A double Triple WOW award at least......funky, creamy....reminds me on Wayne Krantz sometimes......

Great tone.....great playing....

:dude :dude :dude :dude :dude :dude

all the best
    Paco

9. vladorg

Who practices these days anyways?I know I almost don't.We'll hook up eventually,I know we will:cool: Scott told me you got a 50 watt head.Coming to the dark side,eh?:p

Paco,thanks so much for listening,man.Wayne is a big influence and a genius but I'm nowhere near his level.I'm flattered,though!

Thanks,

Vlad