Fryette......anyone heard from them lately??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ebenezer, Dec 6, 2017.

1. ebenezer

ebenezer Silver Supporting Member

Has anyone heard anything from Fryette lately? I have a Power Station 2 that is not working right and I emailed them about it about 3 weeks ago and I've hear nothing back from them?
    My issue is that when I turn the Power Station on to "reamplify" my signal through the cabinet, the volume is far below what's it supposed to be. I thought it was the Preamp tube, so I replaced that, not it. So I replaced the power tubes, not it. Anyone have any ideas??? @support I'd love some help on this one!

2. WiresDream

WiresDream Member

Over the last 7 years or so, I've had very few responses from Fryette with any of the support emails I sent them.

I did however have them revoke my warranty for my first Sig:X because I had the temerity to follow some advice online that I read, and try a 12AY7 valve in a preamp position - advice that I read on their forum, which their support staff was also involved in and failed to correct.

Generally they're rude and unhelpful and I wont use their gear again.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  3. ledzep618

ledzep618 Supporting Member

My friends Power Station 2 just broke for the second time in 4 months and Fryette will not respond to his latest round of emails. The first time it took 2 or 3 weeks to get a reply after he was simply told he was "probably using it wrong". After his experience I wouldn't buy a PS2 for any amount. Prepare to get flamed by the fans around here, but their I totally agree with @WiresDream - they are rude and have pretty poor customer service. I would not expect a great resolution if I were you. It's a shame because the gear is cool.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. Kelly

Kelly Member

I filled out the form on their site, inquiring about a loop, a couple months ago. Got a response the next day. If that fails you can try their facebook or Steve's facebook, or call during business hours.

splatt, Crash-VR and Elantric like this.
  5. ebenezer

Do you have a number for them? I can't fine one on their website.

6. Kelly

Kelly Member

8189802800, or try eriko@fryette.com.

splatt likes this.
  7. ebenezer

8. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

They have always gotten back to me within 24 hours.

9. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I love my power station, but seeing these threads pop up frequently makes me nervous if I ever have a problem.

10. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

Is it possible you have it hooked up incorrectly?

11. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

I've sent 4 emails since October 23rd about my PS1. Haven't had a reply yet.

12. JMMP1

JMMP1 Supporting Member

I want to like them as a brand, but the only time I’ve ever gotten them to respond is when I ordered a replacement faceplate for my power amp. I only got a reply because the faceplate cost on their website was 50, but the power amp faceplates are more expensive. I also ordered some hardware, as my poweramp was missing the handles. They shorted me some of the parts I paid for, and didn’t respond to the emails I sent asking for them to send me the other two bolts. I gave up and went through all of the leg work to find perfect matches and ordered elsewhere. I have since purchased a GP3, which I love the tone of, but don’t expect any support from @support . They have a great story/brand, if they could just communicate a little better, I’d love them and promote them (not that my promotion means anything for them). More recently I asked them about power requirements for the power Load, when I was debating about buying/preordering one. Still haven’t heard back after 3 months.

13. In Absentia

In Absentia Member

I own a VHT Deliverance 60, and have had issues getting them to respond to e-mail. I did call them and they were willing to help. I knew going in that their CS was spotty. There are only 3 guys I think working with the company. They need more support workers to handle these issues when they come up. They are also notorious for vapor ware, meaning a lot of their products they announce do not come to fruition or are very late to market. Nothing is more important to me than CS, so it is really unfortunate that Fryette doesn’t deliver on this front.

14. ebenezer

That was my first inclination, but to answer you, yes I have it hooked up correctly. I’d desperately love for this to be just user error, but at this point I’m almost positive something is wrong with the device.

15. dumbell78

dumbell78 Member

Sydney by way of Muddy Water Land (Chicago)
    Biggest jerks around from experience. I wholeheartedly love my PSII and can't believe these are the ppl behind such a product.

GuitarNorton, ledzep618 and Vai81 like this.
  16. Jerrod

Bummer.

17. Jerrod

I'm sure you've produced some good things too.

whuppo and la noise like this.
  18. Crash-VR

Crash-VR Supporting Member

I was recently contemplating a Deliverance 120. But in the end didn't want to depend on them for support. Steve's joke printed on the Deliverance circuit boards was always a turnoff to me too. I have nothing against circuit board amps. Unless the company lacks support. I think it's funny but it comes off very arrogant. Paying more attention to the company over the recent years has caused me to lose respect for them with how they deal with their customers.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    GuitarNorton likes this.
  19. dumbell78

dumbell78 Member

Sydney by way of Muddy Water Land (Chicago)
    And right on queue......

20. In Absentia

In Absentia Member

I always loved that joke lol.

midnightlaundry likes this.