• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Fryette Deliverance 60/120 Series II

shock me

Silver Supporting Member
The new D60 Series II is on my list. I had a VHT D120 about 12 years ago that I stupidly sold. Is the master volume on the Series II still go from whisper level to wall rattling before 8-9 o'clock at the slightest touch?

support

The new D60 Series II is on my list. I had a VHT D120 about 12 years ago that I stupidly sold. Is the master volume on the Series II still go from whisper level to wall rattling before 8-9 o'clock at the slightest touch?

uh-huh-yup.gif

shock me

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone else want to comment on the Series II? Can you use it as a 2 channel amp with the Less/More being footswitchable?

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
Anyone else want to comment on the Series II? Can you use it as a 2 channel amp with the Less/More being footswitchable?

between the Solo Volume feature and the switchable "more/less" mode + fx-loop, i'm gonna bang out a resounding "yessssss!, that's the idea!"
i haven't tried one yet, but if you read their mission statement/literature on this, well..... there ya go!

The Deliverance® 120 Series II amplifier is the long-awaited evolution of one of Fryette® Amplification’s most popular amplifiers. Several forums and Facebook groups created by fans and users are dedicated to discussions and tone-sharing tips for this legendary tone machine.

"New for 2020, the Deliverance® 120 Series II offers a Solo Volume mode and a totally transparent, super low noise effects loop, both of which can be controlled using a remote footswitch.

In addition, the More Mode toggle switch (that activates an additional tube gain stage) can now be assignable to the Solo Volume mode for additional tube gain boost on the fly. The newly added Bright toggle switch function can also be set to operate manually, assigned to the More mode or activated together with Solo mode using the footswitch.

The Deliverance® preamp section has a broad dynamic range, which accounts for its extra touch-sensitivity and excellent guitar volume control response. In addition, clean and overdriven voicing’s can easily be dialed up using the unique GAIN I / GAIN II structure with a little icing via the highly effective Presence and Depth controls. From there, just working your guitar volume and tone controls will yield a surprising range of voicings.

The Deliverance® One-Twenty power amp section utilizes 4 - KT88 power tubes for robust low mids and sparkling high end harmonics. It is designed for big round tone and dynamic response at low to medium guitar volumes and a rapid but smooth transition into saturation, turning rich and thick at full guitar volume. This combination of preamp voicing and power amp response makes the Deliverance® amplifier an ideal partner for any instrument, from a vintage Tele to a fully blown 7-string metal axe.

Specially designed, precision wound power and output transformers produce optimum performance, reliability and stability, delivering excellent power tube response and just the right amount of natural output transformer saturation and compression.

Whether you prefer the pavement pounding torque of the Deliverance® One-Twenty or the chunky authority of the Deliverance® Sixty, you'll be rewarded with an unbelievable array of tonal options that belie their simple front panel control set."

Jonathan

Platinum Supporting Member

I have the D120 II. Yes - you can absolutely set it up that way to get two quite different distortion levels, which I do take advantage of. But there is so much more to this amp than to think of it just that way. It amazingly good at cleaning up via the guitar volume - moreso than any true high gain head I’ve ever owned.

And those clean tones? Absolutely superb. Clean tones - edge of breakup, crunch - that’s all there, and it sounds and feels like the entire amp was designed around sounding good there, but then you punch the thing and you can unleash the brutal voice of high gain God. This amp can do just about anything.

It’s a different voicing than my other high gain circuits, like the Carol-Ann Triptik 2 or the Roccaforte, which are both beasts but with much more of their focus in the upper midrange area. The Deliverance is more low-mid focused compared to those amps - huge and wide, extremely dynamic and percussive. It’s just a phenomenal amp with its own voice.

Last edited:

fetishfrog

I have one of the first 100. I never fails to bring a smile to my face.

I am sure the next generation ones will deliver as promised.

stratzrus

Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B
Gold Supporting Member
I have a Power Station 100 on the way to use with my Deliverance 120 and Sig:X.

It'll be wonderful to hear the D120 tones at any volume and to have a single master volume knob for the Sig:X.

shock me

Silver Supporting Member
Unfortunately it arrived today damaged. What do you expect from MF and UPS! Plus the footswitch was missing. According to Fryette, the switch is included.

It's going back.

In Absentia

Silver Supporting Member
Still ungodly loud. I find a passive volume in the loop helps tame it a bit for those quieter moments

support

Unfortunately it arrived today damaged. What do you expect from MF and UPS! Plus the footswitch was missing. According to Fryette, the switch is included.

It's going back.

Is the amp actually damaged? Visually or otherwise? If not, there's probably no need to send it back. The first run was shipped without the footswitch at a lower price which we were waiting for the footswitches to arrive. If you paid the footswitch included price and didn't get one, that can easily be resolved. If in doubt, contact support@fryette.com.

shock me

Silver Supporting Member
It was physically damaged. I did plug it in and test it out. F'ing LOUD at 9 o'clock. Definitely needs a PS. Talk about an in your face amp! Crushing, tight, mean, articulate, and then beautiful cleans on top of it.

bradtfw

Silver Supporting Member
I can’t decide between the 60 and 120.

I tend to like amps with four power tubes. They seem to have bigger, clearer, and tighter low-end than their two-tube counterparts (2203 vs 2204, AC30 vs AC15, etc.). Sometimes it doesn’t matter though depending on the voicing of the amp.

I really just want crunch and tight palm mutes at club levels. I’m looking for something to displace my Bad Cat Black Cat 30 as my gigging amp.

Would the 120 need to be attenuated to give up the goods at club levels? Would the 60 not be bold and percussive enough? Do I really feel like spending $200 on KT88s when I have to re-tube?

Kelly

I can’t decide between the 60 and 120.

I tend to like amps with four power tubes. They seem to have bigger, clearer, and tighter low-end than their two-tube counterparts (2203 vs 2204, AC30 vs AC15, etc.). Sometimes it doesn’t matter though depending on the voicing of the amp.

I really just want crunch and tight palm mutes at club levels. I’m looking for something to displace my Bad Cat Black Cat 30 as my gigging amp.

Would the 120 need to be attenuated to give up the goods at club levels? Would the 60 not be bold and percussive enough? Do I really feel like spending $200 on KT88s when I have to re-tube?
I have the old d60. It has plenty of bass, but not quite as much as a 100+ watter. If you have them in the same room you can tell a difference, but live I've never needed more bass or volume than the 60 at a gig.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom