• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Fryette + Fane?

fetishfrog

Well I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but if I had to guess which vintage amplifiers had the most in common with Fryette amps, I'd say Hiwatt.

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

shanesiegle

Silver Supporting Member
I dig my p50s but I'm interested in this. Lots of hiwatt in the fryette sound to me.

Mr God

If Fane makes them a custom speaker it doesn't necessarily have to be one that is similar to what's used in a Hiwatt cab. But the hiwatt fane speakers are pretty linear.. tight bass, smooth top end.. probably would work quite well for a lot of stuff.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
If someone were importing a lot of Fane speakers, then I might have 1/2 a chance of landing a few alnico 10s used-love that speaker!

71strat

I emailed Fane 2 months ago and they told me they were coming out with a recreation of the 80 Watt Cresendo in 2015. They just didnt tell me when. Im sure this is it..

Not to be confused with their Newer Cresendo Series.

I have 4 x 12 of the AXA's and 4 x 10 of the AXA's.

Great Speakers.

I also have 4 original 100 watt Cresendos and 1 80 watter.

I would also expect they wont be cheap.

But good speakers usually aren't.

As fas a Current Production Speakers.

Hi Tone Amplification has the Best Cresendo Clones and have won the best speaker for Hi Watt type shootouts 3 years in a row at the amp shows.

Hi Tone Speakers are made by Eminence and are not available individually. You have to buy cabinet + Speaker.

Eminence wont let Hi Tone sell individual speakers and EMI doesn't not offer them at all.

Last edited:

ROKY

If someone were importing a lot of Fane speakers, then I might have 1/2 a chance of landing a few alnico 10s used-love that speaker!

I never got around to trying the AXA10s but have a Jennings 4x12 cab
loaded w/ 4 AXA12s - would like to check out the 10s also .

Hi Tone Amplification has the Best Cresendo Clones and have won the best speaker for Hi Watt type shootouts 3 years in a row at the amp shows.

Correction:
The HI-TONE DR-F speakers are not clones of the FANE Crescendo .

They are modeled on the 125161 speakers that were loaded in 4x12
cabs for a brief period in 1978 - those were the favorites of attendees
at the annual HIWATT convention.

The typically sought after models were 122231 and 122142, while the
Crescendo models were used most notably by David Gilmour .

71strat

I figured since the Cresendos are the most sought after that they would be the speaker they would reproduce. I figured wrong.:eek::messedup

Ive got old 5 Fanes.

Fane did tell me they are bringing back the old Cresendo line.

I asked them what modern speakers they make that sound like the old Cresendos.

They told me None of them.

At least they were honest.

Then they told me they are coming out with the old fanes Cresendos.

Info@fane-international.com

Hello James, Thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately we don't currently have a model comparable to the original crescendo. We are however in progress with a project to bring back the crescendo guitar d
To me

Oct 2
Hello James,

Thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately we don't currently have a model comparable to the original crescendo. We are however in progress with a project to bring back the crescendo guitar drivers in 2015. We will add you to our mailing list so that you are aware when we release more details.

Regards

Fane

Charmless

Silver Supporting Member
I emailed Fane 2 months ago and they told me they were coming out with a recreation of the 80 Watt Cresendo in 2015. They just didnt tell me when. Im sure this is it..

Not to be confused with their Newer Cresendo Series.

I have 4 x 12 of the AXA's and 4 x 10 of the AXA's.

Great Speakers.

I also have 4 original 100 watt Cresendos and 1 80 watter.

I would also expect they wont be cheap.

But good speakers usually aren't.

Hi Tone Speakers are made by Eminence and are not available individually. You have to buy cabinet + Speaker.

Eminence wont let Hi Tone sell individual speakers and EMI doesn't not offer them at all.

How do you like the 80 W one?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom