Fryette LX II power amp

PaisleyWookie

Fryette does incredibly solid work; I just played a PS2 the other day, and it's outstanding.

But their communication and ability to meet dates they themselves set positively sucks.

DreamTheaterRules

Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs
Gold Supporting Member
Fryette does incredibly solid work; I just played a PS2 the other day, and it's outstanding.

But their communication and ability to meet dates they themselves set positively sucks.
Yeah, must be terrible to build a few products that are so good you barely have time enough to build enough of them to keep up with demand, and don't have a bunch of time to talk about them. :D

PaisleyWookie

Yeah, must be terrible to build a few products that are so good you barely have time enough to build enough of them to keep up with demand, and don't have a bunch of time to talk about them. :D
Don't get me wrong, it's their right to do what they want. I did just order the Suhr Load instead, because I got tired of waiting.

DreamTheaterRules

Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs
Gold Supporting Member
I hear ya. It's just that with any business, rapid growth can kill a company with great ideas or products, and Fryette has had a few issues in the past. So what seems to be working for them now is developling and building a few great products and spending all their time on that. Not spending hours socializing in the forums, not trying to scale up employee-wise to a level that may not be sustainable once a hot product or two cool down. Just develop and build as much as you can.

My issue (with today's society, not with you) is that everyone feels they are owed immediate responses to all phone calls and emails and immediate sales and immediate delivery of everything they want to buy. Click a button on your iPad and two days later everything you want is on your doorstep. Ask a manufacturer about a product and if they haven't responded in 2 hours, we're on the internet later complaining about how poor their customer service is.... meanwhile, the guy who isn't stopping to answer emails is the guy who's in there building some of the best products on the market. And, he can't stop building to answer questions from people who may never even buy one, because he's building the one he sold 3 months ago.

Nose to the grindstone... but that's not what "we" want these days. We've all seen guys here who brag about how great the customer service was from a company A that they had multiple emails with, asked all kinds of questions, and bragged about about how quick the guy was to answer... and the guy NEVER bought the product. Meanwhile, company B is selling them faster than they can make them and must spend ALL their time in production. And they get bashed for not answering emails or phone calls in the time we've deemed acceptible. These are smaller companies. Just like my Timmy I bought a few years back... I understand being anxious, but if it's that good, I'll wait.

Dave_C

I hear ya. It's just that with any business, rapid growth can kill a company with great ideas or products, and Fryette has had a few issues in the past. So what seems to be working for them now is developling and building a few great products and spending all their time on that. Not spending hours socializing in the forums, not trying to scale up employee-wise to a level that may not be sustainable once a hot product or two cool down. Just develop and build as much as you can.

My issue (with today's society, not with you) is that everyone feels they are owed immediate responses to all phone calls and emails and immediate sales and immediate delivery of everything they want to buy. Click a button on your iPad and two days later everything you want is on your doorstep. Ask a manufacturer about a product and if they haven't responded in 2 hours, we're on the internet later complaining about how poor their customer service is.... meanwhile, the guy who isn't stopping to answer emails is the guy who's in there building some of the best products on the market. And, he can't stop building to answer questions from people who may never even buy one, because he's building the one he sold 3 months ago.

Nose to the grindstone... but that's not what "we" want these days. We've all seen guys here who brag about how great the customer service was from a company A that they had multiple emails with, asked all kinds of questions, and bragged about about how quick the guy was to answer... and the guy NEVER bought the product. Meanwhile, company B is selling them faster than they can make them and must spend ALL their time in production. And they get bashed for not answering emails or phone calls in the time we've deemed acceptible. These are smaller companies. Just like my Timmy I bought a few years back... I understand being anxious, but if it's that good, I'll wait.
I call it "Walmart Mentality".

support

Just playing the devils advocate here, @PaisleyWookie makes a good point. We do announce things and then reality intervenes. Like the PS really took off and it's all hands on deck. Or Steve says "you know if we just make this little change...", which makes us nuts sometimes, but if it's a good idea it's hard to argue, or it's a feature a lot of people request and makes sense. I just wanted to really say, we understand your frustration, and grateful for the support of the people who embrace our stuff. And yes, the LXII is really coming...and the Power Load...and the SC stuff...and a lot of people want the Valvulator 1 back...then Steve comes out of his hole with a thing overflowing with wires and says "check this out!" Ahhhhhh!!! Thanks!

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
Or the Sound City amps this year?
i had the first production version of the Sound City Master One Hundred (+2x 4x12 cabs) here for about a week, for critiquing; i sent it back this past Wednesday, but only because i had to do so.
freaking awesome. uniquely beautiful &..... well, kickass, kickass & then some more kickass.

j.s.tonehound

On release dates and communication, my feeling is that if it's going to be a production run piece then it sort of doesn't really matter until it's actually made and ready for delivery. Anyone that needs something in a hurry will just have to look elsewhere unfortunately.

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
i had the first production version of the Sound City Master One Hundred (+2x 4x12 cabs) here for about a week, for critiquing; i sent it back this past Wednesday, but only because i had to do so.
freaking awesome. uniquely beautiful &..... well, kickass, kickass & then some more kickass.
I totally get honesty and integrity, but if it had been me I think that I would have been like, it's mine! mine! You can try to pry it from my cold dead hands! If you're lucky enough to! Hahaha!

Jk

Husky

Just playing the devils advocate here, @PaisleyWookie makes a good point. We do announce things and then reality intervenes. Like the PS really took off and it's all hands on deck. Or Steve says "you know if we just make this little change...", which makes us nuts sometimes, but if it's a good idea it's hard to argue, or it's a feature a lot of people request and makes sense. I just wanted to really say, we understand your frustration, and grateful for the support of the people who embrace our stuff. And yes, the LXII is really coming...and the Power Load...and the SC stuff...and a lot of people want the Valvulator 1 back...then Steve comes out of his hole with a thing overflowing with wires and says "check this out!" Ahhhhhh!!! Thanks!
I leaned the hard way, don't announce until you are ready to ship or at a minimum they are in production. Slow release kill sales

Last edited:

PaisleyWookie

I get it, man, I really do. It's just that the wind in the sails gets deflated when stuff continually gets pushed back. So people just look for alternatives.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
I'm also interested in how it will differ from the Synergy 5050 :)

j.s.tonehound

Whilst we're raising questions I have a bit of a basic one... are the inputs balanced or unbalanced? I've become rather enamoured with Benson's Tallbird Studio reverb but it's i/o are all 1/4" balanced line level. The alternatives I've been scoping are the same.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Whilst we're raising questions I have a bit of a basic one... are the inputs balanced or unbalanced? I've become rather enamoured with Benson's Tallbird Studio reverb but it's i/o are all 1/4" balanced line level. The alternatives I've been scoping are the same.
Unbalanced. Guitar power amps are rarely if ever balanced.

Trending Topics