Fryette Power Station + Germino Club 40 = BLISS

cg

Gold Supporting Member
I mentioned in another thread that I have been through multiple Club 40s. I always absolutely loved the tone, but struggled with the volume. I tried a bunch of different attenuators and never found one that retained the amp's tone when I needed to cut back on volume, especially in low volume situations...until I found the Power Station. With the PS, I can dial in the Germino exactly as I want it and get THAT tone at any volume level. No compromise other than the speakers aren't working as hard.

For those debating on whether or not to buy the PS (they are not cheap), I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is an absolute game changer for me. I was never able to dime my Club 40 before - now I can and the sound is crazy good! Even with the PS, I still dial back the volume a bit and run it at 7.5 or so. At that setting, I get a killer crunch which cleans up nicely. I hit it with a pedal when I need it heavier. My trusty Barber Gain Changer mates extremely well with the Club 40.

Could not be happier!

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
Agree. I'd love to hear some clips. Then again..I'm in your neck of the woods. If you ever want to compare a Landry with your Germino let me know. I've wanted to try a Germino for a long time.

OverDrivenGtr

Silver Supporting Member
It saddens me to say that I just sold my Powerstation and am currently trying to unload my Club 40, due to financial reasons. But, I can vouch for the glorious tones that I was getting out of that combo. I've been running the C40 through a Forte 2x12 cab with Scumback M75 (25w) & H75 (30w). Killer combination.

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
Sorry for your loss! I hope things get better soon and best of luck!

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
A cranked Club 40 would sound awesome, and the PS is the perfect tool to make it much more feasible.

Reactions: cg

cg

Gold Supporting Member
I owned 3 Club 40s before this one and I was never ever able to truly experience it's goodness at 7+ on the volume dial. Thank you, Power Station!

SpiritShooter

Silver Supporting Member
What I find with the Club 40 is this;

The cleans are second to none, absolutely stunning.
The OD is creamy delicious.

Using the PPMIV the OD gets muddy when turned up over 7 and attenuated severely (to bedroom TV levels) by the PPMIV. But, at a Club 40 volume level of 6 or less, the PPMIV even set at 4:00 is amazing.

Using the PowerStation and no PPMIV makes the amp absolutely stunning at all levels. And may I add, an amazing pedal platform.

Trending Topics