FS: 1947 Gibson L7 Blonde 17" non-cut acoustic archtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiral

sold

1947 Gibson L7 blonde non-cut w/ (60's?) case

$2530 shipped. PP gift.
Very good condition all original 1947 L7. Action is great and neck is solid. Tuners have been swapped for vintage-correct Gotoh tulip tuners with no modifications to the headstock. The original tuners are included and can easily be put back on with no trace of the newer tuners. There are no cracks on the body that i can see. I can find only one line that may be a crack (pic w/ pencil) but it only looks like a scratch in the lacquer but show it to be thorough just in case. There is plenty of checking and dings in the body but it is structurally solid. There are some missing lacquer chips in the headstock and near the tailpiece on the rim. There has been a little work done: some frets have been reseated, the bridge was glued by a previous owner and has been freed from the glue, the glue scraped away, and buffed out. There are previous marks in the top from the different bridge positions. There is 1 high fret at the 11th, but I don't have fret files otherwise would have fixed it. Reproduction pickguard included but never installed. Gibson case included but was told it was 60's—maybe you can tell me what year it is. This is a great player with all the nuance you get from a vintage Gibson piece, for a non-vintage price.

PM or email for more / more detailed / bigger photos.

https://soundcloud.com/spiesteleviv/1947-gibson-l7/s-pcYac

I want you to be totally comfortable with this guitar so am giving a 48 hour approval period from the time you receive the guitar. If you want to send it back you just need to return it via UPS insured for the full value in the condition it was sent, and you will be refunded the purchase price minus actual UPS shipping.

Last edited:

spiral

Winter storm price drop. Would take partial trade for a Tele w/ Bigsby, or sparkles, or ???

Last edited:

spiral

Now on Reverb.
Price lowered for anyone here: $2530 shipped, PP gift.
Added 48 hour evaluation period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics