FS: 1992 Hamer USA P90 Special

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by michael_, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael_

michael_ Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I recently sold this, felt bad, and bought it back. Now I have to sell it again. C'est la vie. I will take $625 shipped, regular Paypal, through TGP. Possible trade for a Hamer Cruise IV.

Here's the blurb I wrote on the Reverb listing:

This is my well cared for (but well used) 1992 Hamer USA P90 Special. Made in the USA at Hamer's Chicago factory, this guitar features a one-piece body of solid Honduran mahogany, stock Seymour Duncan P90s, and the original hardshell case. The transparent TV Yellow finish shows the grain of the wood in the right light.

I'm the second owner of the guitar and it's been mine since about 2002. In that time I've taken care of it but played it often. It has plenty of wear on the back and a few spots on the top and at the end of the headstock. There's also a slight impression in the neck, but it's more cosmetic than anything - you don't notice it while playing.

The guitar has typical "Hameritis" at the neck joint where the finish is starting to peel. Again, purely cosmetic.

No breaks or modifications, ever. Frets are good, setup is great.

This is a HEAVY guitar, tipping the scales at over nine pounds. It has a thin C-profile neck. The stock Duncans are very hot, making this guitar a rock and roll beast. Fast, heavy, and hot. It responds extremely well to picking dynamics and sustains forever.

As an aside, this guitar was once autographed on the back by Ricky Medlocke, Billy Powell, and Gary Thommasson of Lynyrd Skynyrd. The signatures have long since worn off.

If you're looking to get into an all-American guitar that has a great feel and vibe, this guitar is the best way to do it without breaking the bank. I hate to see it go.

2. michael_

michael_ Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.