FS: 2014 Dunable Yarnhawk

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by halcyon, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halcyon

halcyon Supporting Member

PRICE DROP from $1545 to $1400, and also considering trades for high-end guitars/amps.

More info at the Dunable site: http://dunableguitars.com/

A good friend of mine in the UK bought this guitar several weeks ago direct from Sacha Dunable. It was shipped to my house in Oakland and I was going to ship it onward to my friend in Edinburgh, Scotland (I used to live there as well). Unfortunately, try as we might, we couldn't find a way to ship it at anything that resembled a reasonable price. Ergo, I'm selling it here in the US on his behalf.

This particular guitar was built by Sacha as a demo for potential customers -- something to have in the shop when people stop by. He described it as having a few nicks here and there, which I've tried to capture in the pictures below. Most notably, there's a small imperfection in the neck binding between the nut and the first fret.

Otherwise, it seems to be in excellent shape. There's zero wear on the frets (pictured), no discernible buckle rash, minimal scratching on the pickguard, etc... It hasn't been played/used by me in the interim.

The specs are as follows:

25.5" scale mahogany neck
    Mahogany body
    Ebony fretboard (really pretty)
    Jumbo frets
    Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pickups, w/coil split
    TUSQ nut
    1 11/16" nut width
    Grover Sta-Tite tuners 18:1 ratio
    Gotoh Tune-o-matic bridge
    Fat "C" shape neck
    Black Tru-oil stain

Here's the original listing on Reverb that describes the guitar a bit further: https://reverb.com/item/390818-dunable-yarnhawk-2014-black

The price is $1400 (via PayPal) including shipping to CONUS -- $150 less than what my friend paid for it. I'd also consider trades for high-end guitars and amps +/- cash and essentially pay my friend the value myself. This particular style isn't really my thing, otherwise I might've just bought the Dunable. It seems like a really cool guitar for certain types of metal -- especially down-tuned.

It came with a RoadRunner hard/soft case (pictured) which will be included as well.

(For those who don't know, Sacha Dunable is a guitarist in the post-metal band Intronaut.)

Anyway, cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. halcyon

3. halcyon

Friday bump for a very cool/unique guitar!

4. halcyon

Caturday bump w/price drop, and also considering trades for high-end guitars/amps at this point (see OP).

5. ZackKhoury

ZackKhoury Member

Man. I have really been wanting to try this. Was about to hit up Sacha about a build. Looks rad.

6. halcyon

Bump for the Sunday evenin' crowd!

7. ZackKhoury

ZackKhoury Member

ARGHHH! Some buy my stuff so I can buy this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.