Sold FS: AVRI '62 Tropical Turquoise Strat rebuild 7lb 5oz. - PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by Debt_by_6_string, May 20, 2015.

1. Debt_by_6_string

Debt_by_6_string Member

TRADED FOR 2011 FENDER EMPRESS TELE IN HONEY BURST

- Fender Tropical Turquoise Strat body from the Limited Edition 2012 AVRI '62 Strat (lightweight), finished in nitrocellulose lacquer

- B. Hefner lic by Fender replacement Strat neck:
    • SRV Profile (Large Asymmetrical profile)
    • Maple w/RW board & imitation clay dots
    • 9.5" Radius
    • 6105 Medium frets
    • Single adjust truss at heel
    • Bone Nut
    • Neck finished in shellac, nitro lacquer on headstock face
    - Hardware:
    • Wilkinson/Gotoh Vintage style vibrato with push-in arm
    • Wilkinson/Gotoh Vintage Style locking tuners
    • Genuine Fender Amer. Std String Tree
    • Genuine Fender '62 Strat Mint Green Pickgaurd w/aluminum shield
    • Genuine Fender "F" stamp neck plate (not period correct I know!)
    - Pickups: Dawgtown Custom '62 Alnico Strat set, aged w/hand beveled poles
    - Case: Hard-shell Brown Poodle case (very well built)
    - Weight: 7#5oz.

I built this as my personal gigging guitar and did all the work on it (besides the Fender body of course). Frets were filed and crowned; bone nut blank carved, slotted and polished; finished the neck (shellac is not rubbed out, headstock is polished out with decal buried in nitro lacquer).

Loved the body so much I parted out the original guitar and kept it to build this one. Very lightweight and vibrant. I love Dawgtown pickups personally and I replace all of my guitars pups with his stuff. Neck and middle pickups currently wired backwards to get the NECK/BRIDGE combo in position two (I'll re-wire it standard if requested). Body has plenty of dings, marks and scratches (this was a gigging guitar), but nothing structurally wrong with it. Nitro lacquer on headstock cracked (probably because the shallac sealer shrunk underneath it), looks kinda cool to me.

I love this vibrato system. IMO: it is super-stable...like Floyd Rose stable...you have to aggressively crank the bar a ton before it goes out of tune. Besides the string tree it keeps the vintage-vibe.

Asking $1000 PP and shipped in CONUS. I will consider parting it out and possible trade offers. FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS and THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. Debt_by_6_string

Debt_by_6_string Member

3. Debt_by_6_string

Debt_by_6_string Member

If you didn't like it the first 40 times here are some more...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Debt_by_6_string

Debt_by_6_string Member

Would consider trade offers if something piqued my interest...I will also consider parting out, even though I would prefer not to.