FS/FT: 1957 Fender Deluxe 5e3 Not Reissue PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by fronobulax, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fronobulax

fronobulax Silver Supporting Member

$2600 $2,300 shipped and PayPal'd (family & friends appreciated, but not required).

Glorious sounding vintage tweed. Wonderful cleans and grind like no other. No need for pedals here (not to say it doesn't sound great with them - it's just that it's naturally so awesome)!

Original tweed as you can see. Clearly it's been around the block, but it functions perfectly fine. When I purchased it, I was told everything was original except some caps and the 3-prong cord. The speaker code seems to point to 1959 (220946), so not sure if it's original to the amp. The ink stamp on the information/serial number form on the inside of the cabinet is "GD", which means April 1957.

Transformer codes are as follows:

Output: A041318 E1A606-340
    Power: Triad 6452

I am not an amp tech, so please evaluate the pics and let me know if you need me to take more.

Trade-wise, I'm mainly interested in a vintage Gibson Les Paul. Late 60s or early to mid 70s Les Paul Custom or Standard would be great. A Heritage 80 would be really awesome. ALso open to a Deluxe from the same time period. I know it's a lot to ask, but I can't deal with fretless wonders, so that probably knocks out like 50% of Les Pauls from that era. Also would consider a PRS McCarty + Cash or really good vintage pedals (vibe, wah).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. fronobulax

3. fronobulax

After further research, I've dropped the price since the OT appears to be non-original. The OT code indicates it is easier a '63 or '73. This thing sounds fantastic - that's why I bought it. If you want sparkly cleans, fantastic grind, with original tweed mojo, this is the one!

Reminder that I'm still open to vintage (pre-1980) Les Paul trades.

4. sideman

sideman Member

5. fronobulax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.