1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

FS/FT: Vintage late 1960's Kent 6400 Distorter Germanium Fuzz

Discussion in 'Pedal Effects Gear Emporium Archive' started by duderanimous, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duderanimous

duderanimous Monsterpiece Fuzz - Fuzz Master Extraordinaire Silver Supporting Member

Up for sale is a vintage late 1960's Kent 6400 Distorter Germanium fuzz pedal. Pedal is in amazing condition for it's age. Looks like a fuzz face based circuit inside, loaded with AC151 VI Germanium transistors. How does it sound? Pretty raunchy, compressed, and kinda gatey. This is a nasty azz fuzz tone :D

From what I have found on the internet, these were made in Germany in the late 1960's and were marketed under the Kent, Schaller, and Hofner names.

I have no idea if my asking price is on the low side or high side. All I know is good luck finding another one, especially in this condition. Price ~~~ GONE ~~~ shipped to USA via paypal (gift preferred, but not required). Shipping cost outside the USA will be determined by destination

Trades? I would be interested in a hand painted ZVex Fuzz Factory, or some WCR (Jim Wagner) pickups, or a pair of Scumback M75-LD 8ohm 65watt speakers. Or feel free to offer other items up as trade... I amy say yes, I may say no, you won't know unless you ask :)

UPDATE:
    I found some completed listing of the same fuzz branded as Schaller on eBay. My asking price of $200 seems to be appropriate.

This one sold for $260
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schaller-Fu...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This one sold for $211
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schaller-Fu...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

edit: sorry, have no clips of this pedal

Thanks for looking!

:worthless

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. astro2069

astro2069 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.