FS: Rockitt Retro JMP50 Marshall with Bass/Lead Spec Switching

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by coldengray, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldengray

coldengray Supporting Member

My Germino Masonette is back and I said to myself that I will only keep one, so something has to go...for sale only, no trades:

Rockitt Retro '68 JMP50 Marshall clone in excellent condition.

Originally a 1987 model but now so much more!

- Built to JMP '68 lead specs but modded by Fusionbear to include Bass/Lead spec switching which changes the tone stack from lead to bass spec. Another switch handles split/shared cathode switching - split cathode is lead spec, shared cathode is bass spec. These were both expertly installed and work flawlessly. Want AC/DC tones? Go with Lead/Split. Want Duane Allman tones? Go with Bass/Shared.

- Now you don't have to agonize over getting 1986 Bass model or 1987 Lead model...you can have them both in one amp!

- Another mod I had done which I find very useful is a "pull for bright cap" knob on volume one...you simply pull the volume knob out and the bright cap is engaged. Push it in and the bright cap is out of circuit.

- This amp also has a LarMar master volume installed in the back so you can enjoy fabulous Marshall tones at reasonable volumes. It works REALLY well.

- The preamp tubes are 2 Mullard reissues and 1 Groove Tube. The power tubes are Svetlanas and have very low hours on them, they sound awesome!

- Rockitt Retros are hand wired with the best components available: Sozo caps, era correct HEYBOER transformers, F&T electrolytic caps, Allen Bradley carbon comps, etc.

- I have installed a gold Marshall logo on the headshell and there are no tears, rips or nicks in the tolex...it is in excellent condition.

- I shipped this amp to California to have these mods installed by TGP member Fusionbear, who is an incredible amp tech: http://biblefreak.org/fusionbear/

- The amp will be shipped in a proper amp box with bubble wrap and styrofoam inserts via UPS ground insured.

$old

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. coldengray

3. EL 34 X2

EL 34 X2 Member

Great amps. Love mine. The added mods are a real bonus. Wish mine had the Lead/Bass switch.

4. coldengray

bump - don't be afraid to make an offer. You will not get a Plexi this well made at anywhere near this price point. Same circuit and parts as "the other guys" but much kinder on the wallet. And the versatility of this one can't be beat.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  5. fusionbear

fusionbear exquirentibus veritatem Gold Supporting Member

Killer Sounding amp that I had the pleasure of adding the mods to. The builder (Kevin) does super clean work that sounds as amazing at it looks...

6. coldengray

Sold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.