FS: Verellen Spaldo Head/Cab 1x12 *Price Drop*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmalo

SOLD ON REVERB!!!

I love this amp but I have to let it go for financial reasons. I'm not an avid TGP shopper but if you buy from me rest assured I will pack this amp safely and securely. You will get a tracking number on the next business day and everything will be fully insured and shipped FedEx.

Here is some specs from Verellen's website.(Spaldo at the bottom)
http://www.verellenamplifiers.com/products.html

SPALDO

• 15 WATTS OF CLASS A POWER IN A 1X12 COMBO DRIVEN BY A PAIR OF EL84'S

• TONAL RANGE FROOM CLEAN CHIME TO RICH OVERDRIVE VIA SIMPLE VOLUME AND TONE CONTROLS USING A SHORTEST POSSIBLE SIGNAL
PATH FROM THE GUITAR TO THE SPEAKER FOR LARGEST POSSIBLE TONAL RANGE

• TUBE RECTIFIED POWER SUPPLY

• 12" AMERICAN MADE WAREHOUSE SPEAKER

• 14 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL CHASSIS HOUSED IN AN ENCLOSURE OF BALTIC BIRCH DOVETAILED TOGETHER, STAINED, CLEARED,
AND BRANDED WITH THE VERELLEN LOGO.

The speaker in this amp, which I have confirmed with Ben Verellen, is a WGS Veterans 30 speaker. It was his practice at the time to paint the back of the speaker magnet for aesthetic reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7x73RoNpsM

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

As you can see, there's no cosmetic issues whatsoever. The amp was never gigged. Included with the sale will be a power cord and a speaker cable. As well as some spare 5751 preamp tubes that you could swap in if you'd like a little less output but more headroom.

I'll be happy to answer any questions via this thread or if you PM me, by phone.

Last edited:

circlethreee

How loud is the amp when you dime the vol? Would you have to invest in a power choke to get distortion at a reasonable volume?

bmalo

I think I'd be a good idea to get one. No master volume means you can't tailor it to every situation.

And it's definitely very loud when it's distorting. Drown out my drummer loud. Though since I play single coils through it I can't push the front end as much as the humbucker guys. I seem to recall while borrowing my dad's vintage SG that the amp had some pretty good breakup at the half way mark without having to dig in.

bmalo

Sorry, I'd like to keep this Head/Cab together and in the 48 states. Thanks for the interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics