FS: Very vibey Gibson SG Standard upgraded

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by brettmoor, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brettmoor

brettmoor Silver Supporting Member

Wouldn't even consider moving this little gem, but an amp is calling my name so I have to put some dear things on the line.

This is a 2001 Gibson SG Standard that has been lovingly played and has a beautiful natural aged patina. The lacquer has softened and feels like a vintage guitar, much more like you'd expect from the Custom Shop VOS line. Because its been gigged regularly for the past 14 years, it shows plenty of wear, a couple small holes from the previous owner having a stop bar tailpiece on it, and most notably a good chunk out of the back of the headstock. That's something that is purely a cosmetic issue and doesn't affect performance. Could be filled should you so desire...

Beyond that, its worth noting this doesn't have any headstock or neck repairs of any kind. Both neck and headstock have been intact its whole life :)

Upgrades include:

-A very nice and rare set of killer Gibson Custom PAF's from a Gibson Rusty Anderson 335 model (proprietary to that guitar, which I also own) I've found they suit this guitar way better and just sound amazing! Beautiful aging too

-NOS Sprague Vitamin Q caps (.015 neck, .022 bridge)

Everything else is stock, including OHSC. I currently have the pickguard removed for extra pixie dust, mojo, and vibe, but it will be reinstalled before shipping.

Bottom line, if you want an SG that has the vibe of a vintage one or VOS custom shop for a tiny fraction of the price, this is your guitar. Really sounds and plays great. An exceptional slide guitar as well.

SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  2. brettmoor

3. brettmoor

4. brettmoor

5. brettmoor